Thread: [phpinfo] phpinfo

New user

Default [phpinfo] phpinfo

This extension displays the php configuration of the web server at backend. It's the same info page like you get with php command phpinfo().

Link to repository:
    http://www.contao.org/en/extension-list ... pinfo.html

Changelog:
    Initial release of version 1.0.0

05.01.2012, Version 1.0.1
    Released for Contao 2.10.4, adapted to Contao design, too long lines will get a scroll bar

22.04.2012, Version 1.0.1
    Released for Contao 2.11.2
    Russe

Experienced user

Default Re: [phpinfo] phpinfo

Nice idea and very useful. :D
    Unfortunately in Firefox and IE7 the php core and standard blocks extend sideways a bit too far, and in IE7 the first block (system,build date) extends sideways about 57 feet!
    The only browsers I've tested it on (css problem?)

Also a little pedantic request ... In the Backend Modules Menu could it say "PhpInfo" not "phpinfo" (just because everything else begins with a Capital.)

New user

Hi ramjet,
    thanks for your feedback. I will look into this in the evening.
    Russe

New user

Hi ramjet,

at my test servers there is only one box which is a bit wider than the backend layout: it's the box with "url_rewriter.tags" because the content of this row at columns "Local Value" and "Master Value" is displayed without white space so the browser can not wrap it.
    I guess it depends on your data which is displayed there.

I tested with Firefox (Win+Mac), Safari (Mac), IE 7+8 (Win).

Could you send me a screenshot (or post it here) of the beginning of the box which is too large?
    Russe

Experienced user

Perhaps you could alter the output before presenting it to the user. An alternate appearance would be nice and there are many useful hints and usable code here: http://php.net/manual/en/function.phpinfo.php

I would like to see the extension output the same info with Contao styled elements!

ps, you could handle the overflow with scrollbars using CSS.

New user

I already alter the output by some hints of phpnet page :D
    And I did also some tests with css scrollbars but I was not happy with the result.

I will think about to renew the complete style and adapt it to Contao style. Thanks for the request.

Nevertheless when there's some cell content which is very long and has no blank or hyphen it will break the Contao layout because the browser can not wrap it. Only solution is here to add a scrollbar. I will do some more tests this evening.

But please attach a screenshot of some content which makes the boxes too large that I can see what the reason is.
    Russe

Experienced user

what about adding spaces into long strings...

Experienced user

As seen in IE 7 -
    The first IE one shows only about a sixth of it![attachment=2:3mawl82r]IE7.jpg[/attachment:3mawl82r][attachment=1:3mawl82r]IE7-2.jpg[/attachment:3mawl82r][attachment=0:3mawl82r]IE7-3.jpg[/attachment:3mawl82r]

Experienced user

And in Firefox the worst one wraps just fine[attachment=1:1j3r90wy]FirefoxCore.jpg[/attachment:1j3r90wy][attachment=0:1j3r90wy]FirefoxAll.jpg[/attachment:1j3r90wy]

New user

Hi,

sorry for the long time not being here, I was busy on some other tasks.

Today I released a new version of phpinfo for Contao 2.10.4 and some adaptions to the style.

I would not want to add same blanks to the values of long lines because it may mess up other lines as well. I added css style auto scroll for the cells and hopefully it will not break the Contao layout again. I did tests with a lot of browsers on my webspace and can not reproduce this problem. Maybe it would be helpful when I could get a login to the backend with this problem so I can do some tests by myself.
    Russe

New user

Just tested and released my extension with Contao 2.11.2
    Russe

Experienced user

Just installed it on Contao 2.11.3 and just perfect, thanks Russe :D
    Very handy extension.