Thread: Display content elements tagged with xyz - SOLVED

User

Default Display content elements tagged with xyz - SOLVED

I am trying to create a page that would display a list of tags at the top and all content elements for that page below it. Once the user clicks on the tag, the page would display the content elements of the article that are tagged with that tag. It would behave like this page here: http://www.oit.umn.edu/services-systems/index.htm where the letters on top are equivalent to tags.

To start with, I created a page with a single article and number of elements. Each element is tagged. I then used the tag extension's tag cloud module to display the tags on top of the page. You can see this here: http://dsdev.ds.umn.edu/captioning-resources.html. However, I am not able to selectively display content elements once I click on the tag. I tried using the Global Article list module and Tag Scope module, but I don't think this is the right way for me to go about it.

I am wondering if the tag extension is the correct extension to accomplish this. If so, how could I go about displaying only those content elements that are tagged with a specific tag?

Thank you!
    Tonu

User

Default Re: Display content elements tagged with xyz

After reading the tagging extension manual, I think I need to use Tag object list module to show only the items that are tagged with a certain tag. I tried this, but the page that shows the Tag objects is showing up empty.

In my Tag Cloud module, my tag table is "tl_content", the tag source table is "tl_tag" and tag field is "tag".

In the Tag Object List module the tag source is "tl_content" and object type is "content elements".

Experienced user

Just a random guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by tmikk
    In the Tag Object List module the tag source is "tl_content" and object type is "content elements".
    Did you try tag source -> "tl_tag" for this as well (like you did for tag cloud module), instead of "tl_content"?
    Brian

User

Interestingly the Tag Object List does not have a place to select a tag source table. Only tag source field is available. The 3 options for tag source are tl_content, tl_article, or tl_page.

Experienced user

Hmm... Well, the thing is those 3 options are tables and not fields, though.

Anyway, I'm probably getting you nowhere -- I'll leave it to someone who knows what they're talking about.
    Brian

User

Default Re: Display content elements tagged with xyz - SOLVED

I got it to work now. The mistake that I made was that I set the Tag Object List module page to a single page. I think this was too narrow. Once I set the Page to the parent of the page that contained the elements that I was interested in showing, it started to work.