Thread: I need some help adding a variant

User

Default I need some help adding a variant

I am trying to create a product with 2 size options, each a different price. I have created my variant attribute, and selected it as a variant in my product type along with the price attribute.

When I go to a product and click add variant I see the fields that i have set up, but when I enter the values and press save I get an error message: Field "Variant setup" must not be empty.

Before I press save there is no field in the "Product variant setup" section, just a message that says "Please select the combination of values for this variant".

I have attached a screenshot showing this. Does anybody know what might be causing this? I have read the Isotope manual and cannot find an answer.

Thanks!

Official Contao Team andreas.schempp's Avatar

Default Re: I need some help adding a variant

Please also post a screenshot of the attribute you created and the product type settings. I suppose you did not enable the field in your product type.
    terminal42 gmbh
    We are Contao Premium-Partner! For Isotope eCommerce support check out the Isotope Circle.

User

Thanks for the reply. I think i have done this, I've attached a screenshot of the page as requested. Does it need to be enabled under variants AND attributes, or just variants like I have done?

Thanks.

User

And also here is a screenshot of the attribute settings.

Thanks

You should check the "Add to product variant settings" checkbox, not the "User defined" checkbox in your attribute settings.
    terminal42 gmbh
    We are Contao Premium-Partner! For Isotope eCommerce support check out the Isotope Circle.

User

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've done this, but i'm still getting the exact same error.

You might need to go through the setup process again, eg. configure the product type. I can tell you it is a misconfiguration, not a bug in Isotope
    terminal42 gmbh

User

Sorted it out now. Yep, misconfiguration. Once I got all the right check-boxes ticked it was fine.

Thanks for the speedy responses!

User

Quote Originally Posted by andreas.schempp
    You should check the "Add to product variant settings" checkbox, not the "User defined" checkbox in your attribute settings.
    I think that you intend "You should check the "Add to product variants wizard" checkbox, not the "defined by customer" checkbox in your attribute settings. correct?

I've the same problem, I don't understand how to configure variants