Thread: Possible to display 6 random thumbs in 1line out of 50+

User

Default Possible to display 6 random thumbs in 1line out of 50+

Hi all,

For a site I'm creating I need the following:

in the footer area 8 small images are displayed.
    the first 2 are fixed, the other 6 need to be randomly displayed from images in a folder.

When I use the 'random image module type' I only get 1 random image. when I place this module 6 times in the footer it can occur that the same image is picked and displayed twice.

please advice how to achieve this.
    thx, frank

Experienced user

Default Re: Possible to display 6 random thumbs in 1line out of 50+

To do that exactly in one nice elegant solution, you'd probably need to do something custom.

You can use some combination of the gallery content element with something else to maybe get you close, however. You pick a set of files -- or even a folder -- and choose to display them in a random order.

I can think of some caveats though. For one, it doesn't limit the amount of images, just paginates them. But you can choose 6 per page and customize a ce_gallery template by removing the pagination code to workaround this.

This also makes less sense if those images are updated frequently, or if the client has control to change/add/remove what images can display there.
    Brian

Here is something comming along the way
    http://dev.contao.org/issues/2652
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

User

thanx brian and tsarma.
    I think i'll wait for v2.10, it's roadmap currently shows 88% , so a matter of weeks, i guess.
    thx again