Thread: Pick an image for a product from file explorer

New user

Default Pick an image for a product from file explorer

Hi

As you seen on isotope module, when you add a image for your product in the Product management, the image of this product is pick from your own HardDrive. I would like choice the image from the File Explorer !Is this possible natively?

I made search while 2/3 days, i tried to change in the Php file.. it didn't works

I need help ^^ Can you give me some possible solutions?

Experienced user

Default Re: Pick an image for a product from file explorer

Isotope uses a completely different way to manage images. This is because if you used the file manager and all the files were in 1 folder, after adding thousands of products, you will not be able to open the file tree widget to select files as it will timeout on memory, as well as probably crash your browser. So isotope uses a special folder to add images. There are ways to add multiple images, but the default is to use images that you have to upload. Normally this isn't a problem because you have to upload the image anyway from your computer.

New user

Thanks for your help =)

I need to use a php script that puts a copyright on each photo so that they are not "steal" in their original ... And the system uploads isotope, I do not see how since the images are stored in Blob in the database. i don't know how doing this

My script is already operational.

Experienced user

That's not necessary, because in the Isotope configuration, you can select an image which will automatically be watermarked onto all your images!!

New user

WHERRRRREEEE xD

(you're going to save me ^^)

Thanks for you help =) =)

Experienced user

ps. Of course they thought about this problem before even creating Isotope :mrgreen:

Store Configuration => Default Store (or your name) => at the bottom where you specify the Image Thumbnail settings. You'll find the field for the watermark (it has a little disk to select the watermark image). You can even specify where the watermark must be positioned (e.g. top left, bottom right, etc.) You can even specify a unique watermark for each size.

New user

If you were next to me.... I will be trying to jump on you ( ops: ) to show you how much I struggled for something that make isotope basically..

Thank you very very and very much :D :D :D :D :D