Thread: No Shipping Options Available during checkout

User

Default No Shipping Options Available during checkout

Okay,

I'm working on my first Isotope eCommerce site and when I test a product in checkout, "No shipping options are available".

I've setup products, categories, etc. and activated shipping methods to include highlighting all product types and identified countries to ship to etc. but no joy yet. It doesn't even work on a flat rate shipping method.

There really isn't an explanation of this in the 10 page "user guide" other rudimentary instructions, does anyone have a way to get these working. I see on an earlier thread from 2010 that several users had the same issue, but no solution was ever referenced or posted.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

Experienced user

Default Re: No Shipping Options Available during checkout

I remember having this problem too a long time ago.

In my case, I had to check off the shipping methods in the checkout module, which I had overlooked.

Don't know if this is still the case, or if it's your issue, but just in case...
    Brian

User

Thanks for the comeback, I found the issue.

I didn't have a "shipping address selected when I first set up the cart. It seems to be working now.

Experienced user

I have the same issue. I check the shipping rate in the checkout module, but what if only certain products need shipping, because some products are membership renewals and downloadable documents. I've made the shipping only valid for certain product types.