Thread: Isotope problem with categories

New user

Default Isotope problem with categories

Hello everyone

On my e-shop based on Isotope I have two products: alcohols and addons. Both are a different pages in Contao. I want to seperate them in my menu and in my product lists. In store configuration i've added two products types: "Alcohols" and "Addons". When adding new product in first step I choose appropriate product type from the list. In product list below the names I have: for items that are alcohols message "Product Associations: Alcohol", but below items that are assigned to "Addons" type I have a message saying that product is not assigned to any category. because of that the only list of products I can get on my webite are alcools. The second product type is missing.

In another words: how to create several different product categories / types, to differentiate items in my e-shop.

Pls advice me on that.

Best Regards

Experienced user

Default Re: Isotope problem with categories

You assign products to a category at the product level. Not at product type. So when you edit a product (of any type, but let's say "addons"), you should select the category which in my installation usualy is the second field when editing a product.

You can see that field, right? If not try adding a third product type and see if that fixes it. In that case you'd need to gather more information on the soecific cobditions; can you make the problem appear on other installations as well, and how?

New user

Hi.
    I've solved that problem by selecting a proper (default) store configutation in root page of my install (start of the new service).
    Works perfectly on my localhost. But after mooving the page/installation on other server, althought all settings are correct, I have no page tree in product category, so basicaly I cannot choose a category for my new product, it stays hidden on frontend
    I've checked everything several times all settings are seems to be set up correctly.

What should I blame? The new installaton? The server? I'hv checked it with contao-check tool - no errors.

Pls advice me what did I missed ??

BR

New user

Solved
    I had an extension " Categories" installed, it messed up my instalation.
    I've uninstalled it and now everthing works up prefectly

BR