Thread: Ajax checkout

New user

Default Ajax checkout

How can I do checkout page like this: http://cheesecaveshop.com/ ?

Thanks for your help
    Sorry for my english.

Experienced user

Default Re: Ajax checkout

Yes, and it isn't even that hard! You need to copy the checkout template to your templates folder (mod_iso_template). What you need to do now inside that copy is move the entire form with all the code inside of the steps li element. Enclose the form with an test for current step. (I think you can test the step if it contains 'current')

This way when the template renders the checkout steps it will also render the html of the form that would normally be displayed below the steps list. If you do not add the test for current, then the form would be rendered withe each step.

After this just apply whatever styling you require...

Ps, on my phone, from where I'm replying now, that site does not seem to be using ajax for checkout??

Default Re: Ajax checkout

It is using AJAX, but only once you pass the login step... It also falls back to the normal process if there are any JS problems on the page.

That is using a custom extension I have made that extends the normal checkout process.... However, it needs a little polishing up. I am posting it here for you to use but keep in mind that with different configurations that have not been tested you may have troubles. It is also is not yet 2.10 compliant, so I will be updating it very soon, but here is what exists so far...