Thread: form field - grey out

New user

Default form field - grey out

Hi,

I wan't to grey a form field out, when there is no remaning spaces (0 free). I thought the code below would work - but it seems like i can't have more then one »%s« in my label. Do any of you know another way to do this?

$GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['MSC']['countFree'] = ' <span id="%s_tabel"> (%s free) </span>';

/Morten

Experienced user

Default Re: form field - grey out

Because formauto has to sit ontop of the existing form system, there was the limit to which this could be extended. However, you cannot book for something that has 0 values, as it will generate and error and prevent booking. The label of the field can be extended using the code you have, however that is only the text inside the HTML form control, not the actual form control.

New user

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Do you know if there is a way to apply the »id="%s_tabel« to the form field instead of using the label for it?

/Morten

Experienced user

the countrfree string only accepts the digit of how many seats are free...

to add a dynamic id, you will to intercept the form field renderer, e.g. you will have to write a form hook (which loads the form widget) or you if you need add a static class, you can simply edit the form in the form generator and add a class there. Not sure why you need to change the ID, because all form IDs will always be unique. Best to use a class instead, and change the form widget template.

New user

Okay! I made the %s into a javascript var and called it 2 times. I know it's a hack but i works (if you got java enabled).

/ Morten