Thread: Change in value for "XXX"

New user

Default Change in value for "XXX"

Hi,

I have tried to use the filter option in AutoForm. but I'm getting a validation error saying »Change in value for "-filter name-".«. the form is like the one on http://dev.contao.org/projects/typol...auto?version=2

this is the bug:

And the backend i also like the one in the example:

Best Regards
    Morten

Experienced user

Default Re: Change in value for "XXX"

Normally this will work fine. I've never had a problem with anyone posting about this. I've used this feature extensively and has been well-tested. The only explanation is perhaps that you're using 2.10 and it is not yet certified to work with that version.

New user

Hmm... I have tried on 2 different webhotels now and the bug is still there.
    The Contao core is ver. 2.9

Here is the bug: http://tweet.dk/testhest.html

Best Regards
    Morten

Experienced user

You are getting a change in venue message, and the form will not post until you have completed all the required fields and validations...

Where is the rest of your registration info? If you have configured an email, then it won't submit the form without it. Have you modified the form after you enabled the validation and counting? All these factors can break the form...

Try setting up a clean form with email, venue (Blank + 2 locations) and a session track (Blank + 2 sessions). Then when the form loads it will have blank for the email, and the venue and session will be the blank value (e.g Please select the venue, session). Then enter your email, select the venue and inspect the session for free counts, then choose a session and submit.

It should work then.

New user

Hi Thyon,

I still can't get it to work Do you have a live example on the AutoForm module? It would be nice to see how you got it to work. I'm sure it's my values in the select fields wich is causing the problem. But I don't know how they should be.

Experienced user

Here is a live example and it's not working.
    http://www.eventsportal.co.za/form-test-page.html

The submission isn't happening. I'll have to investigate, but I don't have time (not a pro developer), as clients come first and I'm swamped at the moment.

New user

Thanks mate!
    - Could I get you to reply on this topic when it's up and running

Experienced user

You can fix this by inserting in approximately line 1111 in FormAuto.php the following line (the first line only)

function validateFormField, line 1111:
    Code:
    $_SESSION['FORM_DATA'][$this->arrForm['filterField']] = $filterValue;
    $objWidget->addError(sprintf($GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['ERR']['formonchange'], $objWidget->label));
    For some reason the formdata for the filter field isn't stored at Contao level, so we just force it to be stored at FormAuto level. This may not be fool proof, but it works for now. Let me know how your testing goes.