Thread: Installing demo shop

User

Default Installing demo shop

Hi !

Is it possible to install the demo shop on a contao site that is not "fresh" as mentioned in the the attached brief installation procedure? I have a contao site running with a nice stucture, and quite much work put in it, and I would simply like to add the ability to purchase tickets (for concerts) from the site.

Is this doable for a mortal non-code-nerd - I'm just a graphic designer

Kind regards, Pino

Default Re: Installing demo shop

Because the SQL code involves adding pages, modules, and articles with specific IDs that will conflict with an existing install, it is not possible to do and is not recommended to try with the existing code.

The demo store installs with all these relationships intact and can therefore create a fully functional store with everything linked. In order to do it on an existing install, you will need to do the linking manually and create your own modules/pages/articles.

It's one of the conundrums of Contao. I think that g.an (a member on these forums) has a tool called ImEx that does Import/Exports of these relationships but I admit I have only briefly played around with it and am not sure it would work with Isotope's various sub-configurations.