Thread: Annoying issue

User

Default Annoying issue

HI,

I've got an anoying issue.

My links are incorrect. They show the domain name twice.
    Example: http://www.domain.com/www.domain.com/website

I've semi-fixed the frontend links by editing the fe_page template and adding a manual <base href tag instead of the $this->base

Problem is, I still get links in the backend that include the domain twice.
    I'm not sure why this is happening.
    The website is in a subdirectory of the domain. I have tried using the .htaccess to specify the base rewrite but doesn't work.
    It's not all links in the BE. It's mostly the edit button links. When hovering over the links, the url is fine, but clicking them doubles the domain name.

I've also checked the config and website is set to /subfolder.

Any pointers?

Regards

James

Experienced user

Default Re: Annoying issue

It seems you've set the "Relative path to the Contao directory" setting to something like "www.domain.com/website". I think it would need to be either of: '/website' or '' (empty).

If I set it to the wrong value my backend won't work and I can't fix it (perhaps the install tool can (install.php)). However, if this is the case try editing your /system/config/localconfig.php file. Look for the following setting and try one of the earlier mentioned settings.
    Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['websitePath'] = '';
    Also, you mentioned you've made some changes to templates files? You will have to undo those as well..

ps, I'm assuming you've installed contao in a subfolder called "website" on your server rather then the http-root. If your website is inside the root then the mentioned setting must certainly be left empty, otherwise it must contain the relative path starting from the root, eg; "website"

Default Re: Annoying issue

Hi vinchenzison,

you can try to add to your local configuration "system/config/localconfig.php" this unset command:

Code:
    unset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_HOST']);
    Please consider: You have to add this line after the tag "### INSTALL SCRIPT STOP ###"
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Default [Solved] Re: Annoying issue

Thanks Ruud - I'd checked those settings already and didn't have any luck.

@XCHS - Thanks for that - seems to be working ok so far!

New user

Default Saved my life

The solution xcht gave us works brilliantly for me. Met nothing more annoying then this one for a long time. I'm glad I found this fix. Thanks guys. Arthur