Thread: Newbie: Product Overview + single products Step-by-Step?

New user

Default Newbie: Product Overview + single products Step-by-Step?

Hello,
    I don't want to mix up the procedere ...
    What is the correct follow-up routine when setting up a shop with various categories/product groups (what's the difference exactly?)
    -- set up at Layout the sitestructure/Seitenstruktur with all the e.g. 7 product overview pages
    -- choose Isotope eCommerce -> Shop configuration and set up the 7 product types (do I also need to set up categories?)
    -- choose Isotope eCommerce -> Products, create new product e.g. create two for the first product type
    -- how do I then get those two products show up on my first product type page? do I choose that product overview page in sitestructure and then ...
    -- how are the product details set up? is there a module, a template, a css where I can specify only once the various positions of the various details of the product (e.g. have an embracing div container with a div container with an image on the left, a div container with the price and details on the right and maybe in there even other div classes for image subtitles or sizes/packaging details, etc.
    bye,
    beatrice

Default Re: Newbie: Product Overview + single products Step-by-Step?

Check out the demo shop, Beatrice. It's a good way to see how things are structured.

The beauty of Isotope is that there is no single way to set this all up. You can configure it any which way that makes sense for you. In fact, after building dozens of shops so far no single one has been set up exactly the same. However, the demo is always a good starting point. I posted some basic instructions on getting that set up in your other thread, so let me know if that helps. It also helps to know some of the basic concepts surrounding Contao and how it approaches setting up modules, listing/reader pages, etc. If you are familiar with that then Isotope should make sense.

One of these days we will get around to writing up some good documentation, when we're all not so buried with work and trying to keep the development moving forward.