Thread: Can't make the Product filter module work

Default Can't make the Product filter module work

Hello,

I'm working on a project using isotope. On the left side of my page i've set up a product lister and on the right column i've a product filter.

What i want to do is to filter my products by type, so i created an attribute named "type" (selectable list) which contains several values (Restaurant, plumber...etc), then i choose for each product the type it belongs to.

For some reasons, the filter doesn't update the results when i only want the products that have the type "restaurant" for exemple.

Any idea ?
    Thanks

Utilisateur de Contao depuis 2008

Experienced user

Default Re: Can't make the Product filter module work

Filter only applies to product listings that have the filter enabled. Can you check you selected this filter with your product list module?

Yes, the filters are enabled for the product list module that i want to trigger. Here's a screen copy of the filter module

Thank you

Experienced user

In my version of Isotope you also need to select the filter with the product list module. What you are showing is the filter module. So edit your product list module and check the filter there...

What's weird is that the default filter works (sort by price or alphetically...), so i can conclude that my 2 modules are linked...

...bizarre

Can you please show me a screenshot of your product lister module ?

Thanks

New user

hi

i do have problems with the filters / sorting to.

my enviroment:
    - contao 2.10.1
    - isotope 1.3.0 beta2
    - isotope_multilingual 1.3.0 beta2
    - using the html5-templates

1. the default sorting in the list module dont works
    2. the order-by-filter does not work. i get this javascript error: "iso_filter_xy is not defined" (where "iso_filter_xy" is the id of the form)
    3. the keyword-serach dont works either (doesent seems to do anything but relaoding the page with the get-params, bit no search is done)

anybody any idea? or haveing the same problems?

*thanks

I think for me it's just a matter of version...let's see if an upgrade would fix my problems

@Sushie

Do you have the last version of ajax ?

New user

@septentrio

thanks for your feedback!

yes, i have the ajax-extionson (ajax 1.1.1) wich was installed with isotope...

did you got the filters&search to work now on your updated version ?

*s

Currently i'm on Contao 2.9.x
    I think i'll purchase a live id to upgrade to 2.10 and only then i'll upgrade isotope (currently on 0.2.11)

Experienced user

Aha! I'm on 2.10.1 and 1.3.something-in-between. There have been a whole lot of changes between 0.2.x to 1.3.+, so that might solve your problems indeed...

New user

@septentrio

there are other people having problems with the frontend-filtering, as discussed in this thread (german):
    http://www.contao-community.de/showthre ... eift-nicht

it seems that with isotope version 0.2 the problems are known (but as far as i understand not solved)

and with the new versions of contao & isotope theres is at least one other person having the same problems as i have, but also here, theres no solution yet... :cry:

if ever i find something, ill let u know in this thread.

cheers
    *s

@sushie

What if you try to temporally desactivate Mootools ?

New user

good idea, i'll try that!

but: on the german-thread one of the programmes mentioned that theres is a bug in isotope 1.3.0 beta2, and that it will be fixed in the next release...

*s

Ok,
    I've updated Contao and Isotope and it still doesn't work...so waiting for an update to fix this problem. I guess it could be caused by the conditionalselectmenu extension which is not recommended for Contao 2.10 ?

I am a bit annoyed ; it works on Chrome and IE but not on Firefox :| although i get the following error.

Code:
    Warning: Parameter 1 to array_multisort() expected to be a reference, value given in D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\isotope\ModuleIsotope.php on line 209
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'Parameter 1 to ...', 'D:\Serveur web\...', 209, Array)
    #1 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\isotope\ModuleIsotope.php(209): call_user_func_array('array_multisort', Array)
    #2 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\isotope\ModuleIsotopeProductList.php(267): ModuleIsotope->getProducts(Object(DB_Mysql_Result), true, Array, Array)
    #3 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\isotope\ModuleIsotopeProductList.php(153): ModuleIsotopeProductList->findProducts()
    #4 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\frontend\Module.php(140): ModuleIsotopeProductList->compile()
    #5 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\isotope\ModuleIsotope.php(83): Module->generate()
    #6 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\isotope\ModuleIsotopeProductList.php(77): ModuleIsotope->generate()
    #7 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\libraries\Controller.php(344): ModuleIsotopeProductList->generate()
    #8 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\system\modules\frontend\PageRegular.php(100): Controller->getFrontendModule('25', 'main')
    #9 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\index.php(200): PageRegular->generate(Object(DB_Mysql_Result))
    #10 D:\Serveur web\wamp\www\studiosmile\index.php(319): Index->run()
    #11 {main}

Experienced user

I unfortunately don't have enough time now to install everything and try it out. It does work on my install. But the differences I can think of:
    1. I am sure I checked the filter in the listing module, you have not confirmed you have done that as well?[/*:m:3ucvqmxo]
    2. I am using only 1 attribute to filter on (price).
      In fact, there was a ticket about that once, and I believe it isn't closed yet. So perhaps you could try the filter with only one attribute and see if that DOES work. It is not a solution, but perhaps it helps in solving if we know what it does. I looked at the filter module, but it does some things I don't directly recognize and is hard to just see what is wrong...[/*:m:3ucvqmxo]

Thanks Ruud for helping,

1. Yes i have checked the filter in the listing module : That's why it works on chrome and IE at least , but not on FF (version 6.02)

[list=2:1mt37gcy]I am using only one custom attribute that i called "version"[/list:1mt37gcy]

Experienced user

Ok, I installed 1.3 beta2 and I found the same problem you are having in FF and also fixed it for my installation.

The problem is in the templates. Fix the following in both iso_filter_default.html5 and the iso_filter_default.xhtml templates, or even better; create a copy of the files into your templates folder and fix it there.

Change every instance of
    Code:
    onchange="<?php echo $this->formId; ?>.submit();"
    Into
    Code:
    onchange="$('<?php echo $this->formId; ?>').submit();"
    The reason that FF wouldn't work is because it does not recognize the id string as an existing object that can be submitted. Mootools will recognize it when accessed this way, returning a form object that can be submitted.

ps, if you find the time, can you report this as a bug?
    http://www.contao-forge.org/projects/isotope

Many thanks Ruud ! It works. You're a king ! :lol:

New user

@Ruud: you really are the king, many thanks for the mootools-hack!

1. the sorting-filters are now working with multiple custom-attributes

2. sadly, the keyword-search is still not working (dont matter's how many attributes i set to be searched, even only "name" doesnt work)...

3. also the default sorting in the list-view doesent work... its initally allways sorted by product-id

are you having the same issues on 2+3 ?

ps. here the frontendview of my project:
    http://new.casalusitania.ch/testfilter.html

*cheers

valyet120
    Gast

You make a number of valid items in your article and would likely believe many

New user

hi sushie,

as i see on your website, you finally found a solution.

may i ask you to share it, as i don't get it up and running ?

thanks in advance!

New user

hy herr.rilke

sadly only the custom-sorting works (thanks to the-mootols-hack posted in this thread (Re: Can't make the Product filter module work / Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:55 am ))

still not working is the default-sorting and the custom-filters...

if anyone get these to work i would be very interessted in the solution

*cheers
    sushie

New user

hi,

i now was able to make it work with contao 2.10.2 (not higher!) and isotope 1.3 RC 1 build 20.

maybe you find a solution to update ?

best regards