Thread: 500 Internal Server Error

User

Default 500 Internal Server Error

Hi there,

I've got a major problem with a site made with contao 2.9.5. Since yesterday it gives a 500 Internal Server Error on two pages in frontend. In backend it gives a 500 Internal Server Error on a few pages when trying to edit a content element. I did a contao-check. It says everything is alright! Logfile doesn't mention anything strange. There are 2 strange things:

1. When a .png file is inside a folder, contao filemanager doesn't show any files inside that folder. Not even if there are .jpg or .gif files in it. When I change the extension .png to .gif or .jpg filemanager shows all the files. The files with .png extension are displayed correctly on the site by the way.
    2. A large file php-cgi.core (about 40 MB) is in the root directory and inside the folder named "contao" (which belongs to Contao) and I don't know how it comes overthere.

I don't know if those 2 points have to do something with the 500 Internal Server Error! But I give all the information I have.
    This is the website address: http://www.teamleiders.nu

Enter the site this way: http://www.teamleiders.nu/contact.html

Please help! :cry:

User

Default Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Post your .htaccess file
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

Quote Originally Posted by Vascom
    2. A large file php-cgi.core (about 40 MB) is in the root directory and inside the folder named "contao" (which belongs to Contao) and I don't know how it comes overthere.
    This is most likely a PHP memory dump file from a crashed process, in your case probably from the CGI module. Maybe you should contact your hosting provider to clarify if there is a server configuration problem or something like that.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Ok, thanks guys.

We (hosting provider and me) found out that it has nothing to do with the .htaccess file. We started with deleting some content elements from the articles where the error occurs. I found out after deleting a news module the page worked fine.
    After this we found out it has to do with some .png files inside newsarticles. So we decided to install the whole site on another server with another php config. This one was on PHP 5.3.8. The new server is on PHP 5.2.6. Guess what! No problems anymore. So the problem is the PHP config.

User

Does someone else use Contao on a PHP 5.3.8 config?

New user

I have the same issue and I have php 5.6 and memory size is 256M

How can I fix it?