Thread: Filtering problem

User

Default Filtering problem

Hi,

i've had a look through the forum and the documentation but I can't solve a problem i'm having with filtering my catalog list. Every time I choose an option on the filter it sends me to a URL like "www.site.com/testimonials/category/4" and I get a 404 page not found error.

'www.site.com/testimonials' is the page with the list and the filter is on the same page. In my list module 'Deny Catalog Filter usage for this module' is not ticked. I've tried the following settings in my filter module:

• No 'Jump to' page selected, 'Use filter condition from lister on same page.' Not ticked.
      No 'Jump to' page selected, 'Use filter condition from lister on same page.' ticked.
      The list page selected as the 'Jump to' page, 'Use filter condition from lister on same page.' ticked.
      The list page selected as the 'Jump to' page, 'Use filter condition from lister on same page.' not ticked.

All of these combinations of settings produce the same result. I'm using Contao 2.10.4 and Catalog 2.0.0 beta2.

Thanks

Experienced user

Default Re: Filtering problem

Is the page not found 404 a browser message, or a 404 from contao (a 404 contao page or contao output "page not found")

I'm not sure if there are any bugs, but assuming it is something else can you see what happens when you change the default page extension to .html, disable rewriting and disable using aliasses all together? Just to rule out any problems finding the correct page.

User

Default Re: Filtering problem

Thanks for the reply Ruud.

It was a Contao 404 page.

We're unable to change the alias' in this case as it's a production site. We've decided not to use the filter after all so this is longer an issue.

Thanks for the advice about alias', it may well help us debug this in the future.