Thread: Responsive image slider

New user

Default Responsive image slider

I've been looking for a nice clean responsive image slider for Contao. I've messed around with ce_slider and Imageslider and have gotten them to work in 2.10 versions of Contao but they have their issues and don't work as well in 2.11 versions for some reason. It would be great to have a slider built with responsive in mind.

User

Default Re: Responsive image slider

You can try and test out the extension Galerie.

http://www.contao.org/en/extension-l...020009.en.html

It is just for images (not content elements) and is adapted for smartphones but it's not multi-screen responsive. Might be your best option fo the moment though. let me know how you get on, just finished making a website with the adapt.960.gs
    geung

New user

The responsive web design is for the next version of this extension:

An example: http://jsfiddle.net/m69kj/

New user

Hi,

There is a new version (RC1) of the extension Galerie. You can now add videos and iframes and it's ready for a responsive web design.

http://www.contao.org/en/extension-list ... 06.en.html

At the moment I try to figure out how to put Galleria into a module. Any clues for me?

User

Hi Lucina,
    You don't put it into a module. Here are the easy steps.

1. Install the extension.

2. It appears as a menu item on your left. You configure this to your own needs, like making an album, linking to a video or linking to an online album such as picasa etc.

3. To get it to appear somewhere on a page, just create an Element type on the page (the default will be 'Text') and just choose Galleria from the dropdown menu. You will get a list of albums or links you have created in the last step. select one to appear.

That should do it.
    I've only used it to link to external albums. The options can be overwhelming, just play around with it.

Good luck!
    geung

Quote Originally Posted by geung
    You don't put it into a module. Here are the easy steps.
    The point is (or was, as I write this) that I have to put Galleria into a module, knowing perfectly well how it works as a content element. Thanks to you anyway ...

In fact, it's a bit tricky but works really well using two other extensions - first, essential for that, boxes4ward - secondly either theme_plus or layout_additional_sources (both provide the same functionality - enclosing the JS-snippet Galleria depends on).

So, I created my Galleria, created an additional JS-snippet providing the needed galleria.classic.min.js script (from tl_files/galleria/blah ...) and after that created a new contentbox including a) the JS as an element and b) the Galleria as content elements. After that, I finally could set up my desired module using my preconfigured contentbox.

In fact it should also be possible to simply create a moo_galleria.html5 template which holds the JS and put this into page layout, and I think there must be half a dozen other ways around.

Beside this, I would appreciate the possibility to use Galleria as a native module.

Thanks for help anyway,
    Carolina.

New user

Hi,

I have created only a content element but I can create a module too. For the next release.

User

Hi Lionel,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this - but I read in the Galerie instructions that I can have separate thumbnail images to the main lightbox images by adding some html.

Where in Contao would I add this because there isn't a box for 'Custom html' like some extensions have.
    Sorry this is such a newbie question!

(I'm using the galerie for our staff profiles, so I want little faces for thumbnails, then iframe info about them in the lightbox)

Thanks

New user

Hi,

????You can have a separate image for :
    • thumbnail[/*:m:coqy82lx]
    • full-screen and lightbox image[/*:m:coqy82lx]
    • main/standard image[/*:m:coqy82lx]

Quote Originally Posted by corrie
    I read in the Galerie instructions that I can have separate thumbnail images to the main lightbox images by adding some html.
    I don't know... 8-)

?The galerie extension automatically creates separate thumbnails for performance reasons. But it resize the main image. For the next version, you can choose a different image for the thumbnail.

For the full-screen and the lightbox image:

BE -> Galleria -> Edit record ID XY -> Image - Fullscreen and lightbox -> Source file