Thread: Extension problem tx_search

User

Default Extension problem tx_search

Hi all,

I installed the extension "tx_search". It is actually in "Aplha" and it should work with the search engine. I installed it because I wanted to delete a column in my research.
    However this module was appear in the module search engine, a function which allowed to classify research by dates. This function is useless to me I decided to delete it.
    But after removing this extension my search module didn't work anymore. So I reinstalled the module to see if the search engine worked . First, It found a part of my research and then it doesn't work work anymore.Then I uninstalled the module again and since my search engine does not work anymore.

What can I do to get my search engine?
    Sharing and growing

User

Default Re: Extension problem tx_search

Hello everybody,
    I continued to search a solution to use again my serach engine but without succes. I try to search in the templates if the extension left marks . I don't know what I nedd to do.
    would anyone a solution?
    Sharing and growing

Experienced user

Default Re: Extension problem tx_search

When you say your search feature no longer works, what happens? Do you get an error? Blank screen? Or do you just get no results?

Did you double-check that search is enabled in your settings, and that the pages of your site are still set to be searchable?

Also did you try to rebuild the search index (you can do that via "Maintenance")?

Lastly, you can try to look for any leftover files from the extension, if for some reason it wasn't uninstalled completely. What I'd do is download the extension again -- but through the Website instead of the repository. Then unzip it and compare the files that are in it with your website's files.

If you see any files in the zip that exist on your website, delete them (or move them into a "junk" folder if you want to be safe).

Extensions only add new files -- they don't overwrite existing ones. So your templates wouldn't be changed by extension at all.
    Brian