Thread: Form Default Values not working with inserttags

Experienced user

Default Form Default Values not working with inserttags

I have used this before, but for some reason, the default values in a form are written to the HTML output, instead of being transformed. To test it, I setup the same inserttag into the default value of a text field and also in an element above it in the article. Here is the result. Anyone have an idea. No insert tags are working inside the default value. I used contao and external script {{file::xxx}} as testing.

[attachment=0:2zk1r1du]Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 23.46.04 .jpg[/attachment:2zk1r1du]

Experienced user

Default Re: Form Default Values not working with inserttags

What version is that site in? I'll try it over here.

I just did that like two days ago and it was working -- that one was 2.11.2.

You sure it isn't an extension or something?
    Brian

Experienced user

2.10. I disabled everything and it still doesn't work. Why would it work on the body but not inside the form's default value?

And I really didn't want to upgrade to 2.11...

Experienced user

No idea...

I actually don't have any sites in 2.10. I skipped it because of that whole "request token" controversy -- was scared of the support calls.

I just tried it in 2.11 (e.g. {{date::Y}} in the default value, no extensions installed), and it does work.

If you don't want to upgrade, maybe you could manually replace insert tags with an extra "loadFormField" hook? Just a thought.
    Brian