Thread: scrollpane extension not working

User

Default scrollpane extension not working

I've spent a couple of hours trying to get the scrollpane extension to work in Contao 2.11.3. So far no luck whatsoever.

This extension is supposed to create a start and stop scroll element that ("any content element") can be scrolled. Install goes in properly and the extension does create a start/stop scroll pane (similar to what the "wrapper" extension does, but any content between the two elements spills outside of the wrappers (the internal css for the extension is set to overflow: hidden) and doesn't scroll. There is a little vertical scroll pane slider on the right that can be moved up and down but it doesn't "fire" to cause content to actually "scroll".

Additionally the extension requires Mootools "Scrollbar.js" but this apparently is not included in the extension and it is not insalled into the plugins/mootools/ folder. Apparently we're expected to install this manually. The extension should copy in any needed scripts like this. The extension should probably add the script in as a checkbox on the page layout to attach the "Scrollbar" javacript like the other mootools scripts do.

Anybody have any experience with this extension or suggestions? Right now I'm thinking that this extension should be revised to get it working as advertised or withdrawn from the repository.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

User

Default Re: scrollpane extension not working CSS workaround

My original objective was to have a jQuery "tabs" content element be able to scroll using the scrollpane extension. With a little trial and error I decided to forgo the scrollpane (which doesn't seem to work) and just set a css class declaration for the tabs I wanted to scroll:

Code:
    .tabsScroll {
    	height: 350px;
    	overflow-y: scroll;
    }
    which solves the problem for the time being. I think the idea of the "scrollpane" extension is a good one, but it seems to me that an extension like this that creates a new include element for articles should not require any manual additions of javascript files and should work smoothly "out of the box".