Thread: New pages defaulting to Website Root not Regular (2.11.4)

New user

Default New pages defaulting to Website Root not Regular (2.11.4)

Last week I upgraded three seperate installations of Contao to v.2.11.4 (two from 2.10, the third from 2.7).

Since the upgrade, when one creates a new page (via Site Tree) immediately inside a Website root, the default selection for page type is incorrectly pre-selected "Website root". Prior to the upgrade the default page type for the first internal page was "Regular page"; as it should be.

Note: In all three cases, Contao is serving multiple websites, so website roots do already exist. New pages are being created beneath a pre-existing website root.

For Administrative-level users, this mis-selection is a minor nuisance since the field value can be changed. For site editors with lesser privileges, it's truly problematic. Furthermore, when building a site from nothing--adding the very first page--the problem is crippling: User clicks through to create a new page, but instead of the customary form, they receive a non-descript message: "An error has occurred".

System log says:

Code:
    [2012-06-25 10:02] Not enough permissions to edit page ID 236 or paste after/into page ID 227
    [2012-06-25 10:02] Not enough permissions to edit root pages
    (Note that permissions were sufficient before the upgrade.)

I tracked down the page type selection default in /system/modules/backend/tl_page.php: It is "regular".

And for good measure, I added the following line to /system/config/dcaconfig.php. (It had no affect, btw.)

Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_DCA']['tl_page']['fields']['type']['default'] = 'regular';

Steps to reproduce:

-- Layout > Site Structure > New Page action
    -- Paste new page into an existing website root
    -- As Administrator: Page type field incorrectly indicates "Website root"
    -- As non-Administrator user: Aforementioned error message and system log record

(Non-administrator users are not permitted to create new Website Roots; however, they should be able to create pages inside a root without incident.)

Thoughts anyone?

I have two more upgrades scheduled for the coming week which will impact 150+ websites, but am reluctant to do so until this Website root vs Regular page mystery is resolved.

Thanks in advance for your help folks!

--V
    Vincent Grovestine ~ Programmer/Web Analyst @ Acadia University

Experienced user

Default Re: New pages defaulting to Website Root not Regular (2.11.4

You can for now replace this with a dcaconfig.php setting to change the default to something else.

Code:

New user

Quote Originally Posted by thyon
    You can for now replace this with a dcaconfig.php setting to change the default to something else.

Code:
    Yep, as a stop-gap measure, I had already tried adding that line to "dcaconfig.php. Unfortunately, it did not make a difference--the default value remained Website Root anyway.

Experienced user

Have you tested this in demo.contao.org and ticketed this?
    Maybe you need to.

I can confirm this happens (when pasting immediately into a website root) in my 2.11.4 install.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet
    Have you tested this in demo.contao.org and ticketed this?
    Maybe you need to.

I can confirm this happens (when pasting immediately into a website root) in my 2.11.4 install.

Done, done and done!

Tested @ demo.contao.org, confirmed incorrect behavior, and ticketed (#4507).