Thread: [SimpleBusinessManager] Simple Business Manager

User

Default [SimpleBusinessManager] Simple Business Manager

Simple business manager allows you to manage customers, generate invoices and easily create quotes.

The quote/proposal system allows you to enter services which have a cost, these can then be selected when generating a quote to produce a pdf.

(you will need it to enable php_openssl in php extension) thanks Andraž Pavli?

Module: http://www.contao.org/en/extension-l...000003.en.html

Contao Forge: http://www.contao-forge.org/projects/si ... essmanager
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

Default Re: [SimpleBusinessManager] Simple Business Manager

Really great extension.

If you need simple "CRM" with option of invoicing and quotes than I recommend this extension. The greatest feature is the template modification, cause you can design it in MS Word and simply put the widget-shortcode for data output.

Only future I miss is that when you make service list, you should enter the price and than when you make quote you can edit that price if you want to (because of standard pricing list) - but ok with some tweak you can adjust it to your needs.
    Web design agency - EDsolution.si Izdelava spletnih strani

New user

Thank you for your feedback !

We had a lot of troubles developing this extension so your compliments are very appreciated

There is still a lot of work to do so don't hesitate to give us feedback and suggestions. For example the price thing is suppose to work like you say but I had trouble to callback this default value in the quotes / proposals but I'll work on it soon.

Thank you.

I found out, that when the pdf is generated and when you want to close it, it always ask you if you would like to save changes - but no changes was made.

Experienced user

I also had this idea. However there are some key differences with my idea. I installed your solution, and it really needs a lot of work to get to a level of release.

1. User the Members Module for clients/companies. You just don’t allow them to login, or later when you want them to view invoices online, they can simply logon.[/*:m:12p58b89]
    2. Create a unified Estimate (quotation) /Invoice system. Usually the only real difference is some minor details and terms and conditions. Otherwise the information is pretty much identical. If you just palette them differently, then a single table can be used. This allows you to easily copy/convert one to the other.[/*:m:12p58b89]
    3. There is no payment section to flag invoices as paid, so it’s not possible to work out what is paid and unpaid.[/*:m:12p58b89]
    4. Also by adding price line items as entries in a separate price table, parent-linked to an invoice/estimate, you can do lots of automated queries and processing to obtain the outstanding invoice unpaid items.[/*:m:12p58b89]
    5. Services must be able to edit an item that is single price and also hourly rates. This means two palette/types of services.[/*:m:12p58b89]
    6. Then a reference to a service must be made in invoices and quotations, then you copy the information from the services table into the invoice. This allows you to keep a link, so if you want to UPDATE an old quotation to newer prices, you know the linkages to existing products, and simply update them. You can then warn if any services have been removed (orphaned). [/*:m:12p58b89]

One more thing. Maybe this was because you need it to work this way, but it's very frustrating when you enter the client you must first enter the company name and than you must make a few clicks to create company address, post, etc.

New user

Hi,

These are all very good ideas but for most of them I have any clue how to do it, and not a lot of time to work on it unfortunatelly.

I ll try to add some of those features but any help is welcome.