Thread: Lots of Fake Forum signups

Experienced user

Default Lots of Fake Forum signups

Just in case forum admins are unaware and it matters....
    Just about everyone who shows up at the bottom of the forum in the Birthdays Today is a fake signup.
    Either that or nearly everyone joins the forum on their birthdays, has an unpronouncable moniker and really strange jobs and hobbies :shock:

PS: Very Happy Birthday if you're not a fake!

Default Re: Lots of Fake Forum signups

As far as I can tell (as admina of the contaowiki, having the same problem for months) all of them are spammers, putting links into their signatures ... *sigh*

Someone of the admins here will have to adjust anti-spam settings, please.

Experienced user

The forum does a good job of removing spam posts pretty quickly. I don't know if that's automated or manual... But the really annoying thing is that they still show up in the RSS feed.

It seems like the last couple of weeks the amount of spam in the feed has gone up about 10 fold. It sucks.
    Brian

I have already contacted Jan a week ago and informed him about an increasing number of SEO spam profiles. Today I wrote him an email message as well.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Hello,

I remove the SPAM manually. :-( It is about 10 posts each day at the moment. The problem is that I don't have a function to delete users - I just ban them. So they stay in the member list... That is bad because the links there remain active and attract new spammers. I have written Leo an email on that issue and hope we find a solution.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de

User

Hello,

Leo removed the public profiles of the spammers and changed some other things. At the moment we have hardly any spam posts getting here.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de

Experienced user

:D