Thread: mkdir error during sending e-mail

Experienced user

Default mkdir error during sending e-mail

Why would I be getting the following message when Contao tries to send an e-mail?

Code:
    PHP Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/httpd/vhosts/client/httpdocs/plugins/swiftmailer/classes/Swift/KeyCache/DiskKeyCache.php on line 277
    This happens during the Isotope order process, but I don't think it is related. I'm having multiple fileaccess problems on the server, but already set every directory to 775.

User

Default Re: mkdir error during sending e-mail

Looks like it's file permissions as you say.

Maybe it's worth contacting your hosts and asking if they can see anything wrong?

Experienced user

I contacted the host. They started aith the comment that swiftmailer is old and inferior and it is probably my code that is at fault because their own CMS does not have the problem.

So after that I set permissions to 777 and it worked. That leaves me with the question; is 777 actually in any way insecure? Or would the vulnerability only be with other people that can access the server. (Other customers and such). Because normally I'd expect 775 to be enough.

Experienced user

Old and inferior to what?

Just curious...
    Brian

Experienced user

I did not ask...

Experienced user

Oh yeah BTW,

I was hesitant to answer your question (because I'm no expert)...

But, from talking to someone here who is (because I had a similar question before), that is indeed the case -- it's just with other users on the server itself, and not really relevant to the general web browsing folk.

I'm not sure how that translates to something like a shared hosting environment, though.
    Brian

Experienced user

Hi Brian,

Of course the access rights wil not include people that do not even have a login to the server. I'm just not familiar with any other server that requires full access to folders in order to function. If their internal security is setup right it would be ok, but with less access to the files set (like 775) I'd feel better and I know it is possible on other servers, so that means this setup must be funky somewhere...

It is now all working in any case.