Thread: Uncaught exception 'SoapFault' Extension Manager Fail 2.11.5

User

Default Uncaught exception 'SoapFault' Extension Manager Fail 2.11.5

Yesterday one of the servers I lease from our host provider had file issues and had to be rebuilt on a rescue basis last night. When I logged in to some of the Contao websites on that blade, and try to access the Extension Manager or the Extension Repository I am getting this error on all Contao sites on that blade:

Version 2.11.3
    Code:
    [25-Jul-2012 20:54:55] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SoapFault' with message 'Not Found' thrown in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryBackendModule.php on line 217
    I thought it might be an issue with the Contao version, and updated a development site from 2.11.3 to 2.11.5 but the same error occurs again when I attempt to access the Extension Manager or the Extension Catalog from the Contao Admin area.

Version 2.11.5
    Code:
    [25-Jul-2012 21:19:59] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SoapFault' with message 'Not Found' thrown in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryBackendModule.php on line 232
    This appears to be occurring on all versions of Contao on this blade, but it is NOT occurring on another blade that I have other Contao sites on. My host provider has been troubleshooting and states that the SOAP is alive and well on the server that had the errors last night. Here is a link to a utility that shows the status:

http://www.frontwave-dev2.com/pi.php

Additionally I've loaded the current 2.11.5.1 Contao check tool, and SOAP seems to be working:

http://www.frontwave-dev2.com/contao-check.php

I've seen several references to this elsewhere in the forum, but haven't got a clue as to how to clear this error, or why it would fail if SOAP is active on the blade. I believe the issue is on the server, but I don't know what to tell the host provider to do to clear this error. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to clear this error?

I'm really in a bind here, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

Experienced user

Default Re: Uncaught exception 'SoapFault' Extension Manager Fail 2.

I had the same issue yesterday (same missing file error on both the website and the back-end), but it seems to be working again today.

Maybe just a temporary issue with the repository?
    Brian

Hi.

There was one server met this problem and other are fine for me.
    On the bad server, I manually removed a cached soap temporary file (/tmp/wsdl-*) by PHP and problem gone away.

So, I think time might solve your problem, too.

Best regards.
    --
    Takahiro Kambe

User

Default Re: Uncaught exception 'SoapFault' - Error Cleared itself

Thanks for the suggestions. The error cleared itself overnight. I suspect that after the server was placed in rescue mode to repair the files, the connection to the repository was probably hung up on either a cache on a router or at the data center.

In any event it is working now. Hopefully this thread will help someone else who runs into this issue in the future.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

I meet it again just now. Here is stack trace with enabling show debug option.

Code:
    #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__doRequest('__call('getExtensionLis...', Array)
    #2 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryBackendModule.php(232): SoapClient->getExtensionList(Array)
    #3 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryManager.php(1073): RepositoryBackendModule->getExtensionList(Array)
    #4 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryManager.php(99): RepositoryManager->getInstalledExtensions()
    #5 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryBackendModule.php(166): RepositoryManager->listinsts(NULL)
    #6 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/backend/BackendModule.php(114): RepositoryBackendModule->compile()
    #7 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryBackendModule.php(88): BackendModule->generate()
    #8 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/rep_client/RepositoryManager.php(71): RepositoryBackendModule->generate()
    #9 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/system/modules/backend/Backend.php(239): RepositoryManager->generate()
    #10 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/contao/main.php(120): Backend->getBackendModule('repository_mana...')
    #11 /usr/pkg/share/contao211/contao/main.php(230): Main->run()
    #12 {main}
    --
    Takahiro Kambe