Thread: Unable to create new article

New user

Default Unable to create new article

When I create a New article it displays
    Contao Open Source CMS in the clipboard.

How do I edit the new aricle?
    Am I missing something here?

Experienced user

Default Re: Unable to create new article

Are you an administrator of your Website (in other words, do you have full permissions)?

First you need at least one regular page created (done via "Site Structure"). Create a "Website Root" page first, then a "Regular Page" as a child of that.

Then when you go into Articles, you should see the page you created listed. If you click "New Article", a flashing clipboard icon should appear on the right of the page. Clicking that clipboard icon will insert the article under that page.
    Brian

New user

After I posted my question I realized that I had to create a root page, but didn't know that I had to create a subpage under that.

Reading some of the administration documentation helped clear up what those little box icons with the arrows do.

Thanks,
    John

Experienced user

This might be cleared up for you already too, but the "Root Page" isn't really a page that is viewable directly, it groups other pages into their own site/mini-site/sub-site and contains options that apply to it. That's why you can't make articles under it.

So for example if you want to host multiple websites in one installation, you'd do it by creating multiple root pages, and giving each its own domain setting.
    Brian