Thread: Footer

New user

Default Footer

I'm developing a website thath mainly is composed by a header, a content of 1 column, and a footer.

I'm trying to get the footer at the end of the page (not directly next to content), but I can't get it working. Somebody has something similar?

Regards.

User

Default Re: Footer

Make Front end module in Themes, name it as you wish, and in Page layout settings, check boxes Add page header, Add page footer, and lower you have modules when you should add new module (plus sign) - just add your front end module to the Footer Column.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by foxservia
    Make Front end module in Themes, name it as you wish, and in Page layout settings, check boxes Add page header, Add page footer, and lower you have modules when you should add new module (plus sign) - just add your front end module to the Footer Column.
    Hi,

What do you mean with ront end module?

I have my footer active, the problem is, I want the footer at the ent of the page of the navigator, something like this:
    http://referenteweb.com/demos/footer_fixed/

If you see, there a footer in color #f5f5f5, if you resize the page, the footer is always at the bottom, but if you resize enough, the footer don't overlap the content.

I hope I explained better.

Regards.

User

Don't select Static layout in Page layouts, and set the footer like

#footer {
    margin-top: -52px;
    width : 100%;
    height : 50px;
    background-color : #f5f5f5;
    border-top : 1px solid #eee;
    border-bottom : 1px solid #eee;
    }
    This code is copied from your link, I think that width:100% is what you need, and other things you can customize for your personal taste.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by foxservia
    Don't select Static layout in Page layouts, and set the footer like

#footer {
    margin-top: -52px;
    width : 100%;
    height : 50px;
    background-color : #f5f5f5;
    border-top : 1px solid #eee;
    border-bottom : 1px solid #eee;
    }
    This code is copied from your link, I think that width:100% is what you need, and other things you can customize for your personal taste.
    I tried it, but doesn't works.

This link comes from this tutorial (spanish): http://referenteweb.com/tutorial-aplica ... o-con-css/

I tried to merge the concepts with my Contao Template, but I don't get it working correctly, the footer overlapped with the main conent.

User

Try to define minimum height of #main...

Code:
    #main {
    min-height: 800px;
    }

Depending on what is your goal, you maybe need to pull the footer out of the wrapper div.

to do this, create a fe_page.html template and edit it according to what you want.

hope this helps
    Utilisateur de Contao depuis 2008

Try this one. http://de.contaowiki.org/Footer_am_unte ... itionieren to use default fe_page template.

Or search internet for sticky footer, but with sticky footer, #footer had to be outside of #wrapper.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Sorry for the late reply, August is a difficult month here

Thanks for the replys.

New user

I also have a problem with displaying footer.
    I put the #footer in css, choose layout with footer and no static layout but when I want to display content in footer there are only two options for display in: main and right column.
    Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Giu View Post
    I tried it, but doesn't works.

This link comes from this tutorial (spanish): http://referenteweb.com/tutorial-aplica ... o-con-css/

I tried to merge the concepts with my Contao Template, but I don't get it working correctly, the footer overlapped with the main conent.

In your layout you have to put the Contao article module into your footer if you want to output articles in there.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist