Thread: Error messages

New user

Default Error messages

I'm in the process of learning to understand how Contao works. I imported a new theme and have been playing around with it. So today I tried to get into the default layout and got the error messages below. Any ideas?

Code:
    Warning: scandir(/...templates/music_academy_jukemedia/) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in .../system/functions.php on line 274

#0 .../system/functions.php(274): __error(2, 'scandir(/home/w...', '/...', 274, Array)
    #1 .../system/libraries/Controller.php(221): scan()
    #2 .../system/modules/backend/dca/tl_layout.php(518): Controller->getTemplateGroup('...')
    #3 .../system/libraries/Controller.php(2887): tl_layout->getPageTemplates('/...')
    #4 .../system/modules/backend/DataContainer.php(252): Controller->prepareForWidget('fe_', '4')
    #5 .../system/drivers/DC_Table.php(1748): DataContainer->row(Object(DC_Table))
    #6 .../system/modules/backend/Backend.php(287): DC_Table->edit(Array, 'template', 'fe_page', 'template', 'tl_layout')
    #7 .../contao/main.php(120): Backend->getBackendModule('{title_legend},...')
    #8 /home/www/web266/html/C-APRECORDS/contao/main.php(230): Main->run()
    #9 {main}

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 2): No such file or directory in /system/functions.php on line 274

#0 .../system/functions.php(274): __error(2, 'scandir() [getTemplateGroup('/...')
    #3 .../system/libraries/Controller.php(2887): tl_layout->getPageTemplates('/...')
    #4 .../system/modules/backend/DataContainer.php(252): Controller->prepareForWidget('fe_', '4')
    #5 .../system/drivers/DC_Table.php(1748): DataContainer->row(Object(DC_Table))
    #6 .../system/modules/backend/Backend.php(287): DC_Table->edit(Array, 'template', 'fe_page', 'template', 'tl_layout')
    #7 .../contao/main.php(120): Backend->getBackendModule('{title_legend},...')
    #8 .../contao/main.php(230): Main->run()
    #9 {main}

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../system/functions.php on line 274

#0 .../system/functions.php(274): __error(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/...', 274, Array)
    #1 .../system/libraries/Controller.php(221): scan()
    #2 .../system/modules/backend/dca/tl_layout.php(518): Controller->getTemplateGroup('/...')
    #3 .../system/libraries/Controller.php(2887): tl_layout->getPageTemplates('fe_', '4')
    #4 .../system/modules/backend/DataContainer.php(252): Controller->prepareForWidget(Object(DC_Table))
    #5 .../system/drivers/DC_Table.php(1748): DataContainer->row(Array, 'template', 'fe_page', 'template', 'tl_layout')
    #6 .../system/modules/backend/Backend.php(287): DC_Table->edit('{title_legend},...')
    #7 .../contao/main.php(120): Backend->getBackendModule()
    #8 .../contao/main.php(230): Main->run('themes')
    #9 {main}

Default Re: Error messages

Contao is searching for templates in ROOT/templates/music_academy_jukemedia/ This folder does not exist.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Thanks for your response. That's about as far as I got myself. Do you know a fix for this? Would be great. I used to be able to edit the layout fine and now all of a sudden there's a problem. I never deleted anything. Geisterhand.

I don't know how your template works. Try to ask the author jukemedia. Don't know what's inside the template, an sql file, a theme to import, a zip file with files to upload to your server? Try to create the missing folder and move the template files from the theme in there. Is there a manual for the theme to install?
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Default Theme

This is the one. It's a cto-File.If I reinstall it, would I have to start over again? Probably, right?
    http://www.contao-theme.de/artikeldetai ... k0004.html

The cto is a zip, you can extract it and see what's inside. Beside a theme.xml file there are some files in tl_files which get extracted to your tl_files folder during install.

Open the theme.xml with your editor to see what's inside of it. Search for '<table' to see which DB tables get touched during import. In line 10 you see that the theme template folder is set to 'templates/music_academy_jukemedia'. Now you have to ways to fix it. Open the theme in BE to edit it, save and close. Now you have set the templates folder to ROOT/templates/. No error anymore in default layout. Second possibility, create the folder 'templates/music_academy_jukemedia'.

No need for a reinstall if you did not delete a file or an object which comes during themes import.
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Creating the folder did the trick. Why an empty folder makes a difference I have no idea :D. I never deleted any files or folders either. This is a mistery :shock: . Thanks for your time and effort Andreas. I really really appreciate your help!

But I have the idea :D

The themes template folder is set to this missing folder. The theme did not create this folder during import (maybe if the themes holds at least one template file in this folder?). As this folder is set contao wants to check if there is a modified template in this folder, can not find the folder and throws the error.

I'm not working with themes so I don't know much about it, but eventually a ticket has to be written, that contao generates the template folder of a theme during install, even if there's no template in it.

ps Just created https://github.com/contao/core/issues/4793

So far you can send a message to jukemedia not to set a template folder if there's no template in it.
    Amazon wishlist