Thread: Change Search results position

New user

Default Change Search results position

Hi everyone,

i´ve got this website: http://test.gestionpublica.info/
    You can see at the top right corner, a small search engine. I need the results to be displayed at the main container, and not on the same search engine module.

Is this possible? Can anybody tell me how to do it?

Thanks!

User

Default Re: Change Search results position

You need to set up a separate page with the search engine module in your main container. This page will be used for displaying the results.

Now in the 'Form generator' in the backend you need to create a custom search form that you can use around your site:

Create a single text field named 'keywords' and add submit button.
    Set the redirect page to your search page (That has the search engine module)
    Set the submission method to 'GET'

Now you can use this form anywhere on your site. When you enter some keywords into the box it will redirect you to the search page with a url like this: http://yoursite.com/search.html?keywords=My+Keyword, the search engine module will understand this and show you the results.

So to get the search form on your home page to work as expected you would need to replace it with the custom search form.

Hopefully that makes sense!

New user

Default Re: Change Search results position

Thanks for the quick response...it worked perfectly!
    You've been very helpful, have a nice day.
    Regards

New user

Default Change Search results position

I dont know if this is a problem on my end or not because its been happening to me at some other siteslike newegg. When I do a forum search here I cant go back to the results after I click on one of the results, I get page cannot be displayed.
    ? ????? ??? ??????????? ?????