Thread: [C3] Not compatible with Contao 3

Experienced user

Default [C3] Not compatible with Contao 3

This extension is not compatible. I've installed it, and I've already picked up a few problems.

The TagHelper is based on the wrong class because getFrontEndUrl is not part of System anymore, so it has to be Controller now.

Then, I can get the tags listed in the News List/Archive, but the News Reader isn't working, as the showTags is empty, even though the configuration is set correctly. I'm still tracing this bug.

Then also when you click on a tag and it filters the newsarchive view, it generates a getRelated() error

Code:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method Contao\Database\Mysql\Result::getRelated() in /home/thyonpup/public_html/system/modules/news/modules/ModuleNews.php on line 332

User

Default Re: [C3] Not compatible with Contao 3

Any news about this?

I'm trying to use this extension for the very first time, on a site I'm currently developing in Contao V3, and am not sure I'm able to understand what should/shouldn't work...

As it is, I can see that data are recorded in the tl_tags table, but all the tags columns of the other tables (news, events, and such) remain empty, so tags attached to any element cannot be displayed in the frontend!

Thanks for helping.

Experienced user

Lol. No the tags field is just a placeholder field... The modules don't work in 3

Experienced user

Lol. No the tags field is just a placeholder field... The modules don't work in 3 that's the main problems...

User

:cry:
    Do you think the developer intend to do something about it? He doesn't seem to have "come" on this forum since Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:59 pm...

Experienced user

I've tried to do it, but this is quite a complex extension. I've only been able to get it to store tags and show tags, but other functions like the tags cloud isn't working. There are lots of Models to be created, and brother this new feature is a pain to get implemented in Contao 3. I have to wrap my head around how to build models to cover as many bases as possible.

User

Thanks for having tried. I guess that if you couldn't make it work, it has to be the developer.

Did you try to contact him? Or shall I send him a private mail?
    He's a Contao's partner; and this is valuable extension, that shouldn't be 'left behind'.

New user

I've got the same problem with one of my extension.

your have to do something like :

Code:
    return static::findBy(array(xxx);
    instead of the old :

Code:
    return \Database::getInstance()->query("SELECT * FROM xxx");