Thread: Back end login and other major problems

New user

Default Back end login and other major problems

Hello, i just tried to update using the live update sytem. This updated to version 3 for which i wasnt ready, so i tried to go back to 2.11.6 and now have major problems. The site loads but without any CSS and i can't login to the back end. HELP what do i do now. Any help appreciated. I tried adding the lines as said in the error message to the localconfig.php but don't understand the message. Thanks Neil

User

Default Re: Back end login and other major problems

Just solved the same issue a couple of hours ago. I mightn't be the easiest procedure but it worked.
    - I made a dump of my DB (mid-way between 2.11.6 and 3.0.0 ?) and a backup of all my config/templates/tl_files and such
    - get rid of everything on the server, and install a V3.0.0 from scratch
    - import my previously dumped DB using PhpMyAdmin and upload all the backuped files, using the /files subfolder in place of /tl_files
    - then run the install procedure, in order to update the DB structure and make 'almost' everything clean.

Only thing that didn't work after that was Contao couldn't find the customized templates; so I run a 'dummy' multi-edit (without any change) just so I could save the templates and Contao registers them in the DB.

Everything seems to be OK by now, but I spent the whole day on the issue...

Hope this helps.

New user

Hi thanks for the answer. I managed to do a rollback to the version 2.11.6. I am not quite ready to move yet to Vers 3. and when I do i will do a complete new install. Thanks for your help anyway. Best wishes Neil

User

You seem to have chosen the safest way.
    I'm still struggling with other V3 problems...