Thread: Combining filters

User

Default Combining filters

I'm trying to use a couple of filters for a catalog listing, but I cannot get it to work as I need it to. From what I can see, it should be easily possible, but maybe I'm missing something here.

It is a listing for different types of events in different regions. The user should be able to view events of one or more selected event types or one or more different regions. So that the user can see events of multiple types and regions I've set the 'Tags Mode' of the list to "ANY matches (OR)", which works well.

The user should also be able to combine the filter so that only a certain event type that happens in a certain region is displayed. In the Illustration below, it is supposed to only list Runs and Walks that happen Overseas.

What I have done is set up two separate Link List filters, and set the 'Query Mode' of the list to "ALL matches (AND)". However, this doesn't work at all. No matter what Query Mode I choose, it always lists all Runs and walks (even those that don't happen overseas) together with all Overseas events (even if they're not runs and walks).

What am I missing here? Am I completely mis-understanding this?
    Thank you.

Default Re: Combining filters

Hi spirelli ,
    did you try it with the latest svn Version of the Catalog? http://code.google.com/p/typolight-cata ... e/checkout
    The Filter is complete new since a couple month there... because it was a wonder that they worked annytime ;-)
    So try it out. Maybe it will work then. When not: Please write a ticket there -> http://www.contao-forge.org/projects/ca ... r_page=100

regards

PS: Please dont write PMs for a question... i try to look in this forum as often as i can...
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

User

Hi MacKP, thanks for the reply. Just to clarify: Are you saying that combining filters should work as I've described (meaning two separate filters can be combined with Quary mode 'ALL matches (AND)' to create the list) but this might be a bug, or so?

We're using version 2.0.0 beta2

Hi, it sounds like a bug. Never test it that way.. but logicaly it should work like that.

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de