Thread: SOLVED - Upgrade Errors Contao v3.0.3 to v3.0.4

User

Default SOLVED - Upgrade Errors Contao v3.0.3 to v3.0.4

This is now solved with the release of Contao 3.0.5 core.

I just upgraded my test site from Contao 3.0.3 to Contao 3.0.4. Immedate issue is that icons and messages aren't working properly, example is save icons are blank at the bottom of the screen. The upgrade from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 does not appear to be stable even in a development site with only one page and about 40 common extensions all approved for Contao 3.x. Problems only occurred aftet the upgrade. I'm checking extensions for conflict, but they were all working in 3.0.3.

I'm getting these errors in the system logs. Consistently referring to lines 194 - 197 in BackendTemplate.php.

Code:
    [14-Feb-2013 16:47:53] 
    PHP Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php on line 194
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'implode() [<a h...', '/home/wavedev2/...', 194, Array)
    #1 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(194): implode('","', NULL)
    #2 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/templates/be_main.html5(38): Contao\BackendTemplate->getDateString()
    #3 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Template.php(255): include('/home/wavedev2/...')
    #4 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(37): Contao\Template->parse()
    #5 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(139): Contao\BackendTemplate->parse()
    #6 /home/wavedev2/public_html/contao/main.php(310): Contao\BackendTemplate->output()
    #7 /home/wavedev2/public_html/contao/main.php(125): Main->output()
    #8 /home/wavedev2/public_html/contao/main.php(319): Main->run()
    #9 {main}

PHP Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php on line 195
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'implode() [<a h...', '/home/wavedev2/...', 195, Array)
    #1 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(195): implode('","', NULL)
    #2 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/templates/be_main.html5(38): Contao\BackendTemplate->getDateString()
    #3 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Template.php(255): include('/home/wavedev2/...')
    #4 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(37): Contao\Template->parse()
    #5 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(139): Contao\BackendTemplate->parse()
    #6 /home/wavedev2/public_html/contao/main.php(310): Contao\BackendTemplate->output()
    #9 {main}

PHP Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php on line 196
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'implode() [<a h...', '/home/wavedev2/...', 196, Array)
    #1 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(196): implode('","', NULL)
    #9 {main}

PHP Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php on line 197
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'implode() [<a h...', '/home/wavedev2/...', 197, Array)
    #1 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/BackendTemplate.php(197): implode('","', NULL)
    #9 {main}

User

Default Re: Upgrade Errors Contao v3.0.3 to v3.0.4 REVERT to 3.0.3

UPDATE: I rolled back the update to v3.0.3, deleted all the tables in the database, and then reinstalled the version 3.0.3 database. I then did a Contao install, the icon images were still missing as I started the install, but as it completed, the images came back normally. Login went normally. The errors that I was seeing on the v3.0.4 cleared immediately and are no longer in the error log file.

I think I'm going to hold on the upgrade to 3.0.4 until I can get some help on the issues I'm seeing in this update.

I did find that one extension was throwing a "Recoverable Error" below, and I've removed the Facebook Images extension until I can do some more testing on the upgrade. Here's the error report for that extension:

Code:
    [13-Feb-2013 23:18:11] 
    PHP Recoverable error: Argument 1 passed to facebook_images::addFBImages() must be an instance of Contao\Database\Mysql\Result, instance of Contao\PageModel given, called in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/pages/PageRegular.php on line 126 and defined in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/facebook_images/facebook_images.php on line 42
    #0 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/facebook_images/facebook_images.php(42): __error(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/wavedev2/...', 42, Array)
    #1 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/pages/PageRegular.php(126): facebook_images->addFBImages(Object(Contao\PageModel), Object(Contao\LayoutModel), Object(Contao\PageRegular))
    #2 /home/wavedev2/public_html/index.php(250): Contao\PageRegular->generate(Object(Contao\PageModel))
    #3 /home/wavedev2/public_html/index.php(411): Index->run()
    #4 {main}

[13-Feb-2013 23:18:11] 
    PHP Recoverable error: Argument 2 passed to facebook_images::addFBImages() must be an instance of Contao\Database\Mysql\Result, instance of Contao\LayoutModel given, called in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/pages/PageRegular.php on line 126 and defined in /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/facebook_images/facebook_images.php on line 42
    #0 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/facebook_images/facebook_images.php(42): __error(4096, 'Argument 2 pass...', '/home/wavedev2/...', 42, Array)
    #1 /home/wavedev2/public_html/system/modules/core/pages/PageRegular.php(126): facebook_images->addFBImages(Object(Contao\PageModel), Object(Contao\LayoutModel), Object(Contao\PageRegular))
    #2 /home/wavedev2/public_html/index.php(250): Contao\PageRegular->generate(Object(Contao\PageModel))
    #3 /home/wavedev2/public_html/index.php(411): Index->run()
    #4 {main}

New user

Default Re: Upgrade Errors Contao v3.0.3 to v3.0.4

Hey,

Just to help verify this problem, at Installatron we're also experiencing the same issue. We're withholding the deployment of 3.0.4 until there's an update on this situation.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Installatron provides one click Contao installations and upgrades. Check us out: http://installatron.com/contao

User

Default Re: Upgrade Errors Contao v3.0.3 to v3.0.4

Thanks Josh! I've referenced your input in my response to Leo about what we're seeing.