Thread: Form define OK but now cannot select it in Form Module

User

Default Form define OK but now cannot select it in Form Module

Using Contao 2.9 RC1 and efg 1.14.0 stable 54 - used upgraded to 55 but problem remains.

============== Update
    Using MyphpAdmin I fixed the Forms Module definition Form field to point to the correct Form. Tested now OK with all Form data fields stored and emailed. What remains is the Forms Module definition does not show all the available forms.
    ==============

Sometime back I had defined 2 forms (A and B) plus I had the example Term paper submission. Form A was working - the other 2 not used.

Now I successfully defined a 4th new form C using the Form Generator and associated Page C, Module C and Page Layout C. I competed a few form instances and it was OK. Form data was created and email sent with the data.

Then added a 2 addition form fields: text and drop down selection list. But while going through the various back end screens I suddenly noticed in the Forms Module definition that the Form selection list only showed 2 of my original forms (A and B) with Form A selected. Neither the Term paper submission form or my new 4th form C was in the list! Now when viewing my new Page in the Front End I see the A form. These "missing" forms are still shown in the Form Generator screen.

I've tried deleting all the Form Data instances and going to MyphpAdmin to Check and Repair the tables but no impact. I tried creating a Form D but this doesn't appear in the Form selection list either. I copied form C to C2 and that doesn't appear. I viewed the Form Generator table and row data in MyphpAdmin and they looked OK

Using MyphpAdmin I fixed the Forms Module definition Form field to point to the correct Form. Tested now OK with all Form data fields stored and emailed. What remains is the Forms Module definition does not show all the available forms. Also every time I change the Forms Module definition I have to go to MyphpAdmin to correct.

Suggestions please. Thank you

Experienced user

Default Re: Form define OK but now cannot select it in Form Module

Are you logged in as administrator, or as a user with user groups to define rights?

User

Hi Ruud

Many thanks for a prompt reply.

I am logged in as admin. However, I've just went to the admin's profile and I see that:

1) Make the user an administrator is TICKED
    Administrators have unlimited access to all modules and elements!

2) the new modules and new forms I've created are NOT ticked under Allowed Modules and Allowed Forms

I also note the "Use individual settings only" was TICKED.

If I tick "Use group settings only" then these new Forms etc are unselected but the individual settings are all visible.

If I select "Extend group settings" then all the individual settings are hidden. Seems to me that these last 2 settings are behaving the wrong way round?

I've now selected "Use individual settings only" and selected All under each subheading.

I now went back to the Form Module definition but I can still only see the 2 original forms A and B in the Form drop down list. No form C and no Term paper submission.

Looking forward to your next idea

Experienced user

You cannot have "make user an administrator" checked and at the same time assign user groups or individual settings. So either your user is admin, or he isn't. But what you see is not possible.

Contao tries to add new forms to the first user group a user belongs to (when not admin). New forms should be enabled in at least one usergroup, provided your did not add them as admin.

User

Hi Ruud.

I think my system has become corrupt. Whether it's the code or the database I'm unsure.

I have a local server implementation on my PC:

Login as admin - checked User permissions:
    - Made sure the user an administrator is TICKED
    - Made sure the Use group settings only is SELECTED

Went to Form Generator and created "Test" form
    - Store data in module "form data" is TICKED

Went to Themes then Front End Modules and created Module "Test" of Type Form
    - all my Forms were visible in the Form drop down list including "Test"

Repeated the above on the live version at my ISP
    - new Test form was not visible in the Form drop down list

Thanks

Experienced user

Fixing this is not hard. Let's do a few things first;

1. Update to a stable release. You are using a release candidate (RC1). This is never a good idea for a production site because errors or partial features may exist.[/*:m:2lqt8eiu]
    2. To be sure nothing is corrupted download the Contao check tool (see Contao download page), and run the check.[/*:m:2lqt8eiu]
    3. Disable all extensions (disable in settings, run contao in safe mode (Contao 3) or move the folders outside modules folder)[/*:m:2lqt8eiu]

You should be left with a correct functioning Contao installation.

From that point enable all disabled extensions one by one until user functionality is broken again.