Thread: Contao 3.06 Installation

New user

Default Contao 3.06 Installation

Hi all
    I am trying to do a fresh contao 3.06 installation. When I enter the host name and the ftp details and click the button all the details vanishes and text boxes are emptied. There are no error messages. When I enter incorrect ftp detail then i get the login error message. I have searched the web to see whether anyone else have this same issue but I could not find any. Could somebody please help to solve this issue.

Thank you in advance

User

Default Re: Contao 3.06 Installation

look at system/logs/error.log
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

Experienced user

If you have to enter FTP details then Contao tries to install with safe-mode hack. You can first try to disable safe-mode (most hosts do when asked), or make sure you set the correct permissions for the files that Contao wants to write. See the installation instructions). I usually run apache as fastCGI because then apache usually gets all rights to the files it needs.

So, e-mail/call your webhost and ask to disable safe-mode. Make sure either PHP is ran as fastCGI (ask your host), or permissions for files and folders are correct.

You can check all of this using the Contao check tool (download from contao.org download page)

If you can't change your server config then I think you can solve this in the localconfig file: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6108&p=20997#p20997
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    I've had the problem recently. It seems a bit like a catch-22 to me; you need ftp permissions to edit the file, but try to edit the file in order to add ftp permissions (though technically perhaps Contao uses the provided permissions to edit the file since Leo is quite smart).

But to the point; you can activate the safe mode hack by editing the localconfig.php file and add these lines to the bottom;

Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['useFTP'] = true;
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpHost'] = '****';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPath'] = '****';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpUser'] = '****';
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['ftpPass'] = '****';
    Use your ftp info and provide the reltive path to the contao installation. I'm not sure about the path, it is mostly something alike /httpdocs or /sites/domain.com. Try with and without start-/ending slashes if this doesn't work.
    @ga.n, if installer opts for safe mode hack, then I don't think the error log will be containing errors, right?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    @ga.n, if installer opts for safe mode hack, then I don't think the error log will be containing errors, right?

ops you are right thanks for pointing this out.
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it