Thread: Contao 3.1 .htaccess for your assets/html directory

Experienced user

Default Contao 3.1 .htaccess for your assets/html directory

It seems that for Contao 3.1 a change in the .htaccess will be needed for your images, css and js files to remain accessible. (basically everything inside your html or assets folder)

I am having trouble with about every extension in the repository on the 3.1 RC1, some don't even work anymore. So for everyone; if an extension doesn't work it may be that images, icons or other files are not loaded.

To fix this copy the .htaccess file from any core module (like newsletter system/modules/newsletter/assets/.htaccess) into the html or assets directory of the extension that doesn't work. Also rename .htaccess files in the root of the extension (system/modules/extensionname/.htaccess), unless that makes the extension unable to function again.

Contents of the .htaccess for 3.1.RC1 is:
    Code:
    <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
      Require all granted
    </IfModule>

Default Re: Contao 3.1 .htaccess for your assets/html directory

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    It seems that for Contao 3.1 a change in the .htaccess will be needed for your images, css and js files to remain accessible. (basically everything inside your html or assets folder)
    Yeah, actually, this has been introduced in Contao 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    Contents of the .htaccess for 3.1.RC1 is:

<IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
    Require all granted
    </IfModule>
    This new syntax is related to the new authentication and authorization control syntax, introduced in Apache 2.4 (see my ticket #5032 or the official announcement).
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

Experienced user

Default Re: Contao 3.1 .htaccess for your assets/html directory

Yes, I had seen your ticket when first I first time encountered the problem 1.5 months ago. But this is a change that everyone must know about, so I thought introducing it in the forum will help most people as soon as possible.