Thread: Bug in Smart Backend Theme Contao v3.1.0

User

Default Bug in Smart Backend Theme Contao v3.1.0

I've been using the extension smart_backend_theme and its associated "Sticky Footer" on most of our Contao 3.x websites. I like the Sticky Footer and the scrolling left nav stack in the Backend theme. Over the weekend after performing an upgrade on a development site, I uncovered two errors associated exclusively with the Smart Backend Theme.

1. At first I thought it might be a corrupt install, or a conflict with another extension, but after setting up a clean install of Contao 3.1.0 and then adding in just the Smart Backend Theme, it appears that the problem is exclusive to Samrt Backend Theme:

Here's what I'm seeing:

If you install the extension, and then activate this as the theme in the Admin User account area, when you go to create or edit a theme template, a checkbox appears that should not be in this position, and you cannot select or change any of the frontend layout modules for the theme's layout. Here's a screenshot of the error:

[attachment=1:1wn1enfd]smart_backend_error.jpg[/attachment:1wn1enfd]

If you deactivate the extension in the Admin Account area, the error goes away, but it keeps in place the very useful "Sticky Footer":

[attachment=0:1wn1enfd]smart_backend_no_error.jpg[/attachment:1wn1enfd]

2. The second error occurs when the "cache" feature activates, the display and prompt to rebuild the Contao cache is corrupted by the Smart Backend Theme. It still works, but the Smart Backend should be modified to remove the background image that it installs at the top of the Backend view, and keep everything below the Contao horizontal display at the top of the page and the rebuild cache display that appears immediately underneath the top bar when it is called by Contao.

One of the benefits of the Smart Backend Theme is to be able to put a proprietary logo in the backend view, but I would suggest making that a configurable "box" at the top of the left hand scroll area the could be set to the width of that scrolling area, and with an adjustable height to allow for setting a logo image in place that is taller than wide if needed.

This was fairly difficult to run to ground, but hopefully this will save some others some time trying to resolve this error.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

User

Default Re: Bug in Smart Backend Theme Contao v3.1.0

I got a reply back from the developers, they hope to have this fixed in next few weeks. Thanks! Meanwhile, I'll just not apply this theme in my admin user settings until they get a fix in place.

Thank you for your comment. Yes the smart_backend_theme is at this time not compatible with the Contao 3.1.x Version. Only up to Contao 3.0.5. But in the next weeks there will come an update for Contao 3.1.x. Markus