Thread: C3 ztoptab [BE THEME] - minor conflict zz_bebreadcrumb

User

Default C3 ztoptab [BE THEME] - minor conflict zz_bebreadcrumb

Hi there!

I've started using the ztoptab backend theme (now that it is working with Contao 3.1.1) as a way to make it easier for clients who are new to Contao and need some help in the backend area. The ztoptab does a great job of providing explanations with icons that help at every screen in the Contao backend. This is a wonderful addition to the Contao platform and I suspect that it will very useful for my clients.

Here's the error: I had installed the ztoptab but also had zz_bebreadcrumb installed in Contao v3.1.1. IF the ztoptab theme is activated for a User, AND you THEN go to the Contao Settings area WHEN zz_bebreadcrumb is installed, you get a blank screen and this error appears in the system/logs:

Code:
    [01-Aug-2013 11:44:12] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'BackendBreadcrumb' not found in /home/wavedev/public_html/system/modules/zz_bebreadcrumb/languages/en/modules.php on line 36
    Not to worry...simply close the page and then go to the Contao backend login screen. Login, and you should be at the Contao backend Home screen. Go to the Extension Manager and delete the extension zz_bebreadcrumb which immediately clears the issue. You can also delete the zz_bebreadcrumb extension with an FTP client, and then login to Contao and complete the removal of zz_bebreadcrumb using the Extension Manager.

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

Experienced user

Default Re: C3 ztoptab [BE THEME] - minor conflict zz_bebreadcrumb

In Contao 3, the Breadcrumb is also listed now in the HEADING of the main winow, although it's not clickable (which it should be!!).

Experienced user

Default Re: C3 ztoptab [BE THEME] - minor conflict zz_bebreadcrumb

My tab top theme does a good job of tracking the currently selected active item, or it's parent and auto selects that in the favorites or in the first active menu as this helps you identify the editing are you're in. This is very useful if you directly store a favorite that edits a content element. Then that gets highlighted before content elements, and before articles, if you have all those in your favorites too.

I'll look at integrating the breadcrumb as it could be a combo between breadcrumb and the internal renderer. Contao actually does a lot of work to render that breadcrumb title, if only Leo will consider making the title parts links, it wouldn be auto breadcrumbed.