Thread: "No input file specified." shown!

New user

Default "No input file specified." shown!

Hi everyone!

I have installed Contao 3.1.1 on a Godaddy shared hosting account. Contao is installed in one of the subdirectories called "Belly" on my server. I have created a "website root" and I can see the website root in my browser. The problem is, when I try to see any of the subpages of the website root, I get this message in my browser: "No input file specified."
    I kind of think there is something wrong with my ".htaccess.default" file or it has to be renamed or edited in some way but I have no idea how.
    You can see the Contao installation at http://www.belly-laugh.com
    When I was installing Contao, Contao Check told me that I needed to use the "Safe Hack Mode" but then everything went okay and I just had to hit "Install Contao".
    Can anyone here help me please? Thank you for your time. :)
    Thank you for your help!

Experienced user

Default Re: "No input file specified." shown!

.htaccess.default is an example file, it should be renamed .htaccess for it to function. But you need to enable url rewriting in Contao settings first.

If that doesn't help, can you disable "Rewrite URLs", "Disable page alias usages" and enable "Bypass the internal cache" and "Run in safe mode". If Contao works that way change the settings back one by one until you find the setting that breaks your site again.