Thread: TYPOlight 2.7.7 - Live Update

New user

Default TYPOlight 2.7.7 - Live Update

Hi,
    When I try to create new module in one of legacy websites (based on TYPOlight 2.7.7) I receive an error saying that some column in "tl_modules" is missing. Quick google search told me that I need to update my CMS because of incompatibilities with some module already installed on this website.

When I try to use "live update" function in CMS administration panel I receive notification which says "Please enter live update ID". I'm aware of that Live Update is commercial feature but my questions are:

1. Does it still work for TYPOlight 2.7.7? Will I be able to update it to TYPOlight 3.1.2 version?
    2. If it is possible to update, does it mean that after Live Update my CMS installation will become most-recent Contao CMS version?

Best regards,
    mkarczewski

Experienced user

Default Re: TYPOlight 2.7.7 - Live Update

For as far as I know, you can update from 2.7.7 to 3.1.2. (someone correct me if I am wrong). This is a tricky thing though. You would have to make sure that all extensions are compatible, or can be made compatible with little work. Often you can generate new autoload files for old extensions (see "Autoload creator" in Contao 3 menu) and they will just work in Contao 3.

You can also do a manual update. I usually remove all original files that came with Contao and I wouldn't need anymore and then copy in a new version. Then run the installer. Done.

But either method has problems when you don't first make sure that you are not using scripts that require the older mootools version to work, or extensions that won't work in Contao 3.