Thread: Cessation of Development

Experienced user

Default Cessation of Development

Hi

Just to let you know that I've stopped development on Contao and using it for client websites. I've decided to move all my sites to Wordpress instead (many reasons, theme selection, easy of customisation, etc.). I will no longer support any of my extensions anymore, so anyone is welcome to copy and fork the extensions I've done up to now and release it in their own versions.

Good Luck.

Sorry to hear that! :-(
    Contao ambassador
    Codefog - Contao web development

Thank you for your work Thyon. I hope we'll see/read us again
    Contao Community-Wiki - Contao Ticket System (Bug tracker) - Contao Check (system diagnosis)

Your Contao version is not working correctly?
    Download the
    Contao Check, install the /check/-folder in the root level of your webspace and open it in your browser with yourdomain.com/check/ - Click on the "Validate installation" link and see if all Contao files are available or if some are missing/corrupt.
    If files are missing/corrupt, download the Contao package (make sure, you choose the exact same version as your available installation). Scroll down on this
    Github Download-page to find the correct download-button for your version. Upload the original files and validate the installation again.

My company in Berlin/Brandenburg - Germany: Webdesign with Contao (TYPOlight)

New user

Hi,

... so anyone is welcome to copy and fork the extensions I've done up to now and release it in their own versions.
    I would be interested to maintain the newsletter_export extension. I used the transfer option in the repository. It's more interesting than having copies of extensions...

If you agree of course

Thx

New user

Confirmed. Thank you !

User

Really sorry to see you go.

But to be honest it's a thought I've been toying with for the last year. With the release of Contao 3.2 and all the new modules people are developing for it I think i'll be sticking around for a bit longer.

Hopefully the Contao team will focus a bit more on English speaking users, developer documentation and user manual support is pretty limited.

And hopefully in the future there will be a much better solution to changing themes just like there is with Wordpress, if this happens I think Contao would be a world wide contender as a CMS.
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

User

Wow Thyon....

You were here from the first day! Good luck in the future, pitty to see you go :-(