Thread: Contao community search in Google

New user

Default Contao community search in Google

Hi,

When searching on google about contao questions, a lot of links point to community.contao.org/viewtopic[...] but viewtopic is not found. A lot of the results are impossible to access. Is this historical / an accident, is it possible to do something about it ?

Thanks,
    Arnaud

This happens because of the forum software change. We had to change the software for a lot of reasons but at least we could import all text-data.

I see no way to manually redirect thousands of URLs to the new URL structure of the vBulletin software. So I suppose we'll just have to wait until Google re-indexes the forum.
    Contao Community-Wiki - Contao Ticket System (Bug tracker) - Contao Check (system diagnosis)

Your Contao version is not working correctly?
    Download the
    Contao Check, install the /check/-folder in the root level of your webspace and open it in your browser with yourdomain.com/check/ - Click on the "Validate installation" link and see if all Contao files are available or if some are missing/corrupt.
    If files are missing/corrupt, download the Contao package (make sure, you choose the exact same version as your available installation). Scroll down on this
    Github Download-page to find the correct download-button for your version. Upload the original files and validate the installation again.

My company in Berlin/Brandenburg - Germany: Webdesign with Contao (TYPOlight)

New user

Thanks for the explanation Nina, I sure hope that google reindexes everything quickly !

I'm sure this happens quickly.

Until than, feel free to use the Advanced search of this forum
    Contao Community-Wiki - Contao Ticket System (Bug tracker) - Contao Check (system diagnosis)

Your Contao version is not working correctly?
    Download the
    Contao Check, install the /check/-folder in the root level of your webspace and open it in your browser with yourdomain.com/check/ - Click on the "Validate installation" link and see if all Contao files are available or if some are missing/corrupt.
    If files are missing/corrupt, download the Contao package (make sure, you choose the exact same version as your available installation). Scroll down on this
    Github Download-page to find the correct download-button for your version. Upload the original files and validate the installation again.

My company in Berlin/Brandenburg - Germany: Webdesign with Contao (TYPOlight)