Thread: Page cache

User

Default Page cache

In the 'Maintenance' section of Contao's backend there is the following:

Purge the page cache
    system/cache/html: 0 file(s)

This always shows 0, so it seems that no frontend pages are being cached. Is there anything I have to do to get this working? I've never seen it go above 0 but would like to cache frontend pages if possible.

All the caching options are enabled in settings. The caching is set to 'Use server and browser'.

Has anyone else ever seen this go above 0?

Cheers,
    Jamie

User

Could you please tell us your Contao Version?

Did you check if the cache directory has rights to write? You could have a look with the contao-check tool.

You find it here: https://contao.org/en/manual/3.0/ins...he-live-server

Just log out from the back end or open the front end pages in another web browser.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Thanks for the feedback.

After looking into this a bit more it actually turns out you can enable the page cache by checking the 'Set cache timeout' checkbox in the page setting under Site Structure. After I did this and clicked around the frontend a bit there were some entries in the cache.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by punkstjimmy View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

After looking into this a bit more it actually turns out you can enable the page cache by checking the 'Set cache timeout' checkbox in the page setting under Site Structure. After I did this and clicked around the frontend a bit there were some entries in the cache.
    That's correct, you have to enable this first. Take care if you have some forms on your Page -> I deactivated it on those pages otherwise the Captcha or some other things will do some curios things and might not work.