Thread: MetaModels nightly and Contao 3.1.x

User

Default MetaModels nightly and Contao 3.1.x

Has anyone got Metamodels nightlies working with contao 3.1.x?

We have found some issues and followed instructions to fix them but still get an error when clicking on the metamodels link in the contao backend:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception RuntimeException with message Invalid callback provider defined '\\DcGeneral\\Callbacks\\ContaoStyleCallbacks' thrown in D:\wamp\www\contao31\system\modules\generalDriver\ DcGeneral\Contao\Dca\Container.php on line 93

#0 D:\wamp\www\contao31\system\modules\generalDriver\ DcGeneral\DC_General.php(546): DcGeneral\Contao\Dca\Container->getCallbackProviderClass()
    #1 D:\wamp\www\contao31\system\modules\generalDriver\ DcGeneral\DC_General.php(398): DcGeneral\DC_General->loadCallbackClass()
    #2 D:\wamp\www\contao31\system\modules\generalDriver\ DcGeneral\DC_General.php(326): DcGeneral\DC_General->loadProviderAndHandler()
    #3 D:\wamp\www\contao31\system\modules\core\classes\B ackend.php(253): DcGeneral\DC_General->__construct('tl_metamodel', Array)
    #4 D:\wamp\www\contao31\contao\main.php(129): Contao\Backend->getBackendModule('metamodels')
    #5 D:\wamp\www\contao31\contao\main.php(276): Main->run()
    #6 {main}

We were getting issues with a database field that wouldn't update and fixed it by editing the database.sql file in system\modules\metamodelsattribute_rating\config

ALTER TABLE `tl_metamodel_rating` CHANGE `meanvalue` `meanvalue` double NULL default NULL;

The to get things working we edited the autoload.ini file in the metapallets extensions and rand the autoini thing. system\modules\metapalettes\config

register_namespaces = true
    register_classes = true
    register_templates = false

We have updated the the metapalets module to use the one from the ER but still no joy.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    Ben
    Last edited by Ben_360fusion; 10/25/2013 at 14:38.
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

User

Ben,

I have no experience with MetaModels but I noted on the German forum a similar experience (see link below) which referred to a known bug commented in github.

Github: https://github.com/MetaModels/attribute_rating/issues/4
    Forum: https://community.contao.org/de/show...ahrungsbericht

But you may have found this already.
    Last edited by Rian; 10/26/2013 at 12:45.

New user

You have to take the "Contao 3 Release ALPHA"
    http://now.metamodel.me/en/about

User

this is the version I have used.

I have tried everything and it won't install on Contao 3.1

New user

The Alpha version is working on 3.x.x
    First run your check
    Then take the last Alpha and overwrite the folder /systems with the /systems of MM.
    Then install.php with update of the database.
    And this has to work.

User

Hi,

No, this doesn't work, I have done this many time and always get errors. I have looked on the German forum and there are people having similar issues.

I have installed a fresh version of contao 3.x.x on a WAMP server
    Download the metamodels Alpha version and copied the system folder into the instalation
    Updated the database
    Then when ever I click on the metamodels link there is an error.

This error:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception RuntimeException with message Invalid callback provider defined '\\DcGeneral\\Callbacks\\ContaoStyleCallbacks' thrown in D:\wamp\www\contao31\system\modules\generalDriver\ DcGeneral\Contao\Dca\Container.php on line 93

I then delete the metapallets module and download the one on the ER. This fixes this error but then causes another error.

In short I have tried everything and it simply does not work out of the box.

If anyone can get this working please let me know.

User

I have solved this issue. the problem seemed to be with php version, our sever was running php 5.3.2, we updated to php 5.4.7 and the error message disappeared and the module works.