Thread: Multi-Buy or Bulk purchases.

New user

Default Multi-Buy or Bulk purchases.

Hi,

I would like to have two products on Isotope, both of which deduct quantities from the same inventory.
    My idea is to allow people to purchase single items and also packs of eight - but to only hold single items as stock. (I would create the multipacks when the order is placed). Does anybody know how to do this in Contao/Isotope?

thanks in advance

Antony

Hey Antony,

Isotope does not support stock management and neither does it support "sets" yet.
    Both are features we would like to add in the future but they're quite time-consuming so we'll have to start another fundraising campaign for them.

Check out http://isotopeecommerce.org for news (might take some time though as we're heavily busy with getting 2.0 done )
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

New user

Okay understand the pressures for new functionality. At least now I can stop trying to find a way of doing this functionality.

EXCEPT - I have a thought, is there a way of creating a html link that adds 'n' items to you basket. So in effect I could simulate my multibuy product.
    I know this sound a bit strange, why wouldn't I just allow buyers to select the number they want? Well I am using ISOTOPE as a ticketing system for my schools fundraising committee, we are running a quiz night for which I am selling tickets. For our quiz nights some people like to purchase a whole table for themselves and their friends, so I would like a quick method of them purchasing 8 tickets. Previously I have put a note on the item explaining how many tickets they should purchase to reserve a whole table, it didn't work - you have no idea how dumb people can be.

Be great if anyone could think of a work around - one click to purchase 8 items?

thanks

Antony

Hey Antony,

You can add a custom button named e.g. "Put 8 items in basket" to your reader page. Any developer that is familiar with Isotope can do that
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Toflar View Post
    Hey Antony,

You can add a custom button named e.g. "Put 8 items in basket" to your reader page. Any developer that is familiar with Isotope can do that
    thank you.