Thread: Can't install 3.2.2

New user

Frage Can't install 3.2.2

Hi,
    Need a help. I can't make a new installation of Contao v3.2.2...
    Firstly, I want to mention I have 2 other web sites running with Contao with no issues: one in v2.11.12 - PHP 5.4.6 and the second in v3.1.5 - php 5.4.6.

But the installation of this new one makes me crazy...
    OVH wehosting - PHP 5.4.6 - you can see my php info here: phpinfo.php
    The first step runs right to databases creation process (I can see in phpMyAdmin the 38 basic tables) but after, in Contao install windows, I have this error window:
    Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql/Statement.php on line 78

#0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'mysql_query(): ...', '/homez.800/drag...', 78, Array)
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql/Statement.php(78): mysql_query('SELECT * FROM `...', Resource id #79)
    #2 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php(280): Contao\Database\Mysql\Statement->execute_query()
    #3 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(202): Contao\Database\Statement->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #4 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql.php(141): Contao\Database->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #5 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(294): Contao\Database\Mysql->list_fields('tl_calendar')
    #6 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(436): Contao\Database->listFields('tl_calendar', true)
    #7 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(116): Contao\Database\Installer->getFromDb()
    #8 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(47): Contao\Database\Installer->compileCommands()
    #9 contao/install.php(630): Contao\Database\Installer->generateSqlForm()
    #10 contao/install.php(197): InstallTool->adjustDatabaseTables()
    #11 contao/install.php(1093): InstallTool->run()
    #12 {main}

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Query execution was interrupted (SELECT * FROM `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`COLUMNS` WHERE `TABLE_SCHEMA` LIKE 'dragoprobdd' AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE '%tl_calendar') thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 282

#0 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(202): Contao\Database\Statement->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #1 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql.php(141): Contao\Database->query('SELECT * FROM `...')
    #2 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(294): Contao\Database\Mysql->list_fields('tl_calendar')
    #3 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(436): Contao\Database->listFields('tl_calendar', true)
    #4 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(116): Contao\Database\Installer->getFromDb()
    #5 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(47): Contao\Database\Installer->compileCommands()
    #6 contao/install.php(630): Contao\Database\Installer->generateSqlForm()
    #7 contao/install.php(197): InstallTool->adjustDatabaseTables()
    #8 contao/install.php(1093): InstallTool->run()
    #9 {main}
    I tried to uninstall and re-install all the Contao package files for a fresh new installation, but always the same message. I used Contao Check and everything seems OK.
    I can't figure out what is happening?
    My folders are chmod 755 (system/temp in 777) and the files chmod 644. The htaccess is the basic v3.2.2 one.
    It looks as if the issue was between the DB and the Statement.php file.
    I'm lost...

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by marcm13; 12/15/2013 at 15:48.

Hi marcm13,

did you already tried to repair the database in phpMyAdmin? You may want to switch from "MySQL" to "MySQLi" database driver.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Thanks for your answer xchs,
    Following your suggestion, I repaired the DB in phpMyAdmin and I changed the driver to MySQLi: unfortunately, the same error message twice.
    Warning: mysqli::query(): (70100/1317): Query execution was interrupted in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysqli/Statement.php on line 78

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Query execution was interrupted (SELECT * FROM `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`COLUMNS` WHERE `TABLE_SCHEMA` LIKE 'dragoprobdd' AND `TABLE_NAME` LIKE '%tl_article') thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 282

Hmm, looks like a problem with the DBMS or the database itself. Have you already tried it with a new, empty database?
    → Support options

New user

Yes, I've just deleted the database and created a new one. I made a new installation...
    and same issue at the same step !
    Incomprehensible...

Then, I have no clue what's going wrong here. Have you already asked your hosting provider about that matter?
    → Support options

New user

Yes I have to keep searching on at this side...
    Thanks for your help xchs.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by marcm13 View Post
    Yes I have to keep searching on at this side...
    Thanks for your help xchs.
    Bonjour Marc,

Même souci pour moi ... j'essaie depuis des heures plusieurs installs (diverses versions 3.1 3.2 etc...) + chmod des dossiers tmp, log, images + .htaccess présent ou modifié ... tout cela sur OVH perso...
    pfff, j'y perds mon Gascon !

Avez-vous trouvé de votre côté la raison de ce blocage sur "Statement" et savez-vous quels réglages ou solutions sont mettre en place ? Merci pour votre réponse.

Cordialement : Yves

Hey, there definitely seems to be an issue with the server or rather the database connection of the server.
    Did you try setting it up on localhost? If I search for the error message a little bit it turns out that it's always a French hoster so that might be a problem "d'un de vos fournisseurs français"
    Regards

Yanick - Contao core developer @terminal42 gmbh

New user

It might be a OVH specific problem but OVH is the dominant french webhosting. Help is needed as all newer installation or updates produce errors like the one stated above.