Thread: Update from version 2.9.1 to the most recent version

New user

Default Update from version 2.9.1 to the most recent version

Hey folks,

I am new to Contao. My client has a version 2.9.1. Before doing anything else, I am thinking the best to do it would be to update.
    I am writing to ask if there is any kind of risk on doing an update, since the update will be running on production.
    :
    I am sending the image of the extensions modules already installed. There is a warning text above a few of them: Not apprioved for Contao 2.9.1.

Is tha a problem?

I would appreciate for any kind of advice about anything I might be missing.

Thank you!

extensions_l.png
    Last edited by gustavosooeiro; 01/27/2014 at 14:35. Reason: add an image

Quote Originally Posted by gustavosooeiro View Post
    [...] since the update will be running on production.
    Why do you have to perform the update on the production site? Personally, I'd rather recommend to run the update in a duplicated installation.
    Last edited by xchs; 01/28/2014 at 10:11.

Additionally, you are running the extension 'catalog', which is obsolete since two years now and has been replaced by the MetaModels extension. I'm quite sure that the old catalog never will be compatible with a Contao version greater than 2.11.x, so you probably will have to figure out how to migrate.

Unfortunally, there is no easy way to do this migration since data structure are completely different. Depends of the content in your catalog - probably the TabImporter may be helpful.