Thread: Contao Rocksolid-Slider

New user

Frage Contao Rocksolid-Slider

I want to have active slider, in which every image will be link to a subpage on my site. I dont know german, and I didnt found any solution for this. Is it possible?

If you are using Contao 3.x, Did you try extension FlexSlider?

Please can you tell what you mean by "active slider"?
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

New user

I'm using contao 3.1.2 and as far as I try the only one slider that works without 100 errors is Rocksolid Slider. I tried Flex, but it didnt run, just respond with error connected with database, arguments etc...

By active slider, I mean one with e.g button, lets say slide is with text: Enter our special offer right now, Check it! <button>ENTER</button>, and this button teleports me to exactly page with that special offer. !BUT! to be easier, at least I think it would be easier to apply link to WHOLE image, so I can click on it, and teleport to page that I pointed.

Till now, I applied <a> </a> tag to image with href="#", the problem is, If I will use for example 3 slides, this inflexible <a> will lead me to only one href.

In Contao there is Element Type like picture. So I can pick a picture and make it link to page in page tree of contao. So for now I'am thinking about something like that.

btw. hello everyone, im new Contao enthusiast, but anyway im NEW in this system

Don't use Contao 3.1.2. Use 3.2.9. Then choose a slider that suits your taste (maybe the onboard one). Put your content (sliding elements) in there and link an A or an IMG to your desired page. That's it.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

I solved the problem 5 minutes ago, here's what I did - I didnt update contao, its still 3.1.2. I deleted extension rocksolid-slider which is dedicated to Contao CMS, I downloaded custom one bxSlider (nice one btw). I created new module "Own HTML code" and I write html code there, then in article I have add content module with this code, then I uploaded all js for it, and its work. Now I have my "active slider" working, fully controlled from back-end.

Thanks for help everyone, topic can be closed.

See here http://rocksolidthemes.com/de/contao...ponsive-slider As you will see it works. There's different text in each slider.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist