Thread: Content Elements in News: how to create a 'page prototype' ?

User

Idee Content Elements in News: how to create a 'page prototype' ?

Hi all!
    I'm building a Contao 3.x website where some users will write their news.
    I think that content elements are very powerful but my users are not so skilled and i'm afraid that the pattern for insert a news could seems too complicated for them. Furthermore, for layout reasons, I don't want that a user can mix up content elements order.

So: is there a solution for these constraints? Is it possible to fix the layout of a news? For example: for the user group X, news item has only 3 ce: headline, text, google map, and no sortable.

Thank you!

Davide

Hi Davide,

you may want to try the [NewsSimple] extension. This brings back the "old" news module behavior (that we used to use before version 3.0), i.e. only one single TinyMCE textarea to enter the news text. The content element functionality can be disabled in the system settings (at the bottom of the page). Hope that helps.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    Hi Davide,

you may want to try the [NewsSimple] extension. This brings back the "old" news module behavior (that we used to use before version 3.0), i.e. only one single TinyMCE textarea to enter the news text. The content element functionality can be disabled in the system settings (at the bottom of the page). Hope that helps.
    Thank you Xchs,
    it seems a good idea, but i'm using 3.3 RC1 and it doesn't work yet with this version

It works! I've tested the extension with Contao 3.3.0-RC2. Just install with "Extension manager" > "Install extension" or use the new Composer package manager.
    → Support options

User

Strange… I've installed in my 3.3 RC1 with the classic install extension but it tells that is not valid for 3.3RC1.. and I can't see anywhere the options
    is it possible that is compatible with the new RC2 and not for RC1, or it's more probable that the problem is another?

Quote Originally Posted by DavideR View Post
    I've installed in my 3.3 RC1 with the classic install extension but it tells that is not valid for 3.3RC1
    Yes, of course it tells you that it is not yet compatible with Contao 3.3.0, since it is tagged only up to version 3.2.8 (see https://contao.org/de/extension-list...Simple.de.html). But it works anyway! Just try it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavideR View Post
    .. and I can't see anywhere the options
    Open the "System settings", scroll down to the bottom of the page:

→ Support options

I've made a short screencast to show you how to install and use the extension: http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/88057947/file.html

You will probably notice the untranslated labels. Unfortunately, there's only a German translation for the moment. But it would be quite easy to add more translations (e.g. English, Italian, etc.) as needed.
    → Support options

User

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    I've made a short screencast to show you how to install and use the extension: http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/88057947/file.html

You will probably notice the untranslated labels. Unfortunately, there's only a German translation for the moment. But it would be quite easy to add more translations (e.g. English, Italian, etc.) as needed.
    First of all thank you very much for your support!
    I update to RC2 but NewsSimple didn't compare yet. So I have uninstalled NewsSimple and then reinstalled but this time with your procedure (before I installed it through the Extension Catalog, checking "Setting ->Show incompatible extensions" before).
    Finally I can see the fields of NewsSimple.

Thank you again!

Davide