Thread: Sport - Team players

User

Default Sport - Team players

Hi. I'm creating a site for a sport-team. We have 2 teams, men and women. I would need to add the players with some custom fields and I need a list page where I list the players, and a single page for the players. I searched a lot a plugin, or something, but nothing good. Somebody said that it could be done with the page members with some plugins (xtmembers_fieldeditor), but I don't want to mix the players in the members section, and I would need more images as custom fields for the players, but in this extension I don't see the possibility to add image.

Does anybody have any idea how could I do this in a clean way, or the 'easiest' would be to create a small extension?
    Greetings!
    Last edited by zoltanseer; 08/12/2014 at 15:33. Reason: another question

Hi ^^

Can you give more details on the functions you want to create ?
    Exemple : The players can be members or you just want to add manually the players in team ? Players can subscribe to a team themselves ?

User

Hi.

No extra function. Just to present the team. No player can subscribe him/herself, the admin/editor will create/add the players manually. Every player should have 2 images, some info fields (text-fields). Important for the team to be visible separate as men/women (team page) and every player should have a separate page (player page) where the infos are shown. Nothing more

Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by zoltanseer View Post
    Hi.

No extra function. Just to present the team. No player can subscribe him/herself, the admin/editor will create/add the players manually. Every player should have 2 images, some info fields (text-fields). Important for the team to be visible separate as men/women (team page) and every player should have a separate page (player page) where the infos are shown. Nothing more

Thanks for your time!
    Hum, I think create a entire module is the better thing to do.

Two ways to create the module :

You want only two teams, for a "oneused" module or You want to use this module again, with differents teams in the future.

1st way :
    Create a module who contains fields :
    - id
    - tstamp
    - name (text)
    - alias (text - based on name field)
    - team (select with options "Men / Women")
    - image1
    - fields you want ...

2st way :
    Create a module "Team" and a module "Player" (children of Team)

Team Fields :
    - id
    - tstamp
    - name
    - alias

Players Fields
    - id
    - tstamp
    - pid (ID of Team)
    - name
    - alias
    - image1
    - fields you want...

For the two ways you have to create specific FrontEnd module. But you'll have all the design / fields you want, in the HTML you want.
    If you never have create a Contao module, I recommand you to read this blog : http://blog.qzminski.com/article/cre...he-basics.html

User

Hi Lupus,

Thank you very much for your help and the usefull link. I chose the 2nd way, everything works awesome.

Greetings!

If you like to have the great features of member management best will be to pimp the member BE module and not to write a new BE module.

Therefore you can first use xtmembers_fieldeditor to create the extension that pimps members and then deinstall xtmembers_fieldeditor. Open and edit the files of the created extension and set up the fields as you like. https://contao.org/de/manual/3.3/dat....html#referenz

Somewhere there will be a FE module "memberlist" that you can use to show members in FE.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

User

Hi. Thanks Andreas for the tipp, maybe next time if I need to make something like this, I will try your idea. I like the idea of making a new module, becuase it gives pretty much freedom, but I think it's a bit overcomplicated for such an easy task.
    But i worked pretty much on it and it's nearly fully-functional Nearly, because I have one question:
    currently the team players are listed under root/team-man.html. I could do that if the url is root/team-man.html?player=john-doe than it will show the single page with John's infos. But i would like to rewrite the url, so that should work with root/team-man/john-doe or root/team-man/player/john-doe (which one is easier).

Is there a solution for this in Contao or should be made in .htaccess? How?
    Thank you!
    Last edited by zoltanseer; 08/12/2014 at 23:49. Reason: visibility

There's a solution with Contao but I don't know how. It's done with every news, events and faq details page. And I think it's done with the listing module as there you can use a details page as well. And also with the member list module.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

I search how to have a free rewriting url in Contao since few days but I always block on one problem or another...

If I find something, I'll write it here. (Probably tomorrow ^^)

I FOUND IT !! \o/

It's really easy...

If you want an URL like : domain.com/player/player-alias.html
    You just get the variable "player-alias" by using :

PHP Code:
    $playerAlias = \Input::get('auto_item'); 
    And that's all !

PS : Just in case, in your system configuration, "Using auto_items" had to be checked =)

User

That's awesome. I will try it out. Thank you!!